CloneDVD does not seem to support disc overspeed burn

I can’t seem to get CloneDvd to overspeed my 8x discs at 12x like Nero does on my Pionner A08XLA. Even after choosing maximum speed in the settings the disc is still burned at 8x. Anyone else notice this?

delete

@ FreqNasty,

CloneDVD when selected at “Maximum” will only Burn data as fast as the DVD Burner firmware and Manufacture ID and Media Code is rated at.

Best Regards,
bjkg

@bjkg

So if I choose 12x in CloneDVD it will burn at 12x? I know the burner does support burning the media I use at 12x because Nero does it. Burn time is around 6:50 at 12x.

@ FreqNasty,

As stated above CDClone will only burn data to DVD media as fast as your DVD Burner’s firmware and the particular DVD media Manufacture ID and Media Code is rated at.

Two things determine how fast CD/DVD is burned. The first thing is what the DVD Burners firmware says it will burn CD/DVD media. The second thing is what the Manufacture ID and Media Code of the CD/DVD media says the speed of the media is.

If your DVD Burner firmware says it can burn DVD media at 16 speed but if the Manufacture ID and Media Code of the DVD media says the speed of the media is 8 speed the fastest the DVD media will burn is 8 speed.

If your DVD Burner firmware says it can burn DVD media at 8 speed and the Manufacture ID and Media Code of the DVD media says the speed of the media is 12 speed the fastest the DVD media will burn is 8 speed.

Determining what speed your DVD Burner firmware actually allows writing for DVD media is a little difficult. Depending on your particular manufacturer of your DVD Burner there some firmware readers that can read the firmware information data and display what the firmware supports.

Finding out what particular DVD media is rated at is quite simple to determine. Use a software utility program similar to DVDInfo Pro (http://www.dvdinfopro.com) to view the Manufacture ID and Media Code, which displays the rated speed of the DVD media. To do this place DVD media in your DVD Burner, active the DVDInfo Pro program and click on the first little CD Icon displayed on the far left top menu bar. DVDInfo Pro will read the Manufacture ID and Media Code and display the rated speed of the DVD Media.

It has been noted that Nero products do a poor job at stating the actual burning speed of CD/DVD media. I would not totally rely on the speed that is displayed in Nero.

Best Regards,
bjkg

In my experence burning at high speeds and in particular ‘overspeeds’ is likely to give poor results, especially on movies.
regards

I just bought a new HP Media Center computer. I was told by HP that Nero software does not work well with their PCs. They sold me Sonic. I did have Nero briefly in my last computer-it did not work well with that computer.

I went to DVDinfopro’s page- The only download I saw was the $20.00one. I could not find a d-load for a free version. Can you help?

@ walker1,

Visit the below posted link.

http://www.dvdinfopro.com/

On that Web Page on the middle right hand side there is a big bold predominantly displayed “Download Here”. There is absolutely no charge for this download copy Of DVDInfo.

Best Regards,
bjkg