CloneDVD & CPU overdrive

Hello,
does anyone have suggestion what I can do to reduce CPU overload when I run CloneDVD?
When I copy a DVD, the CloneDVD take all the resources on my machine, so the only thing I can do on the PC is to run the CloneDVD, everything else is “jumpy” and slow.

Any ideas ?

You don’t give any info of what your PC specs are. It could be not enough memory or a slow processor or a combination of both.

If you are using a slower processor and not a lot of memory then this can cause your system to seem like it being bogged down by 1 program.

SOrry, forgot to mention the specs.

The PC is reasonably new. It is a DELL laptop, 1,73Ghz CPU, 2Gb RAM, so it should be enough, I guess.

something in the system settings to assign multi-tasking parameters ? do you have any experience with this ?

If your running a single core cpu it will because the transcoding will be using your CPU alot. Only thing can do is set clone dvd to a lower Priority which isnt a good idea, cause it may make a bad burn. Lets say you want to use winamp to play a song, you could set winamp to high Priority seeing as that doesn’t take much cpu up which would most likely stop the skipping. Which would be more recommended then setting clone to low. IMO you better off just letting clone do its thing then use your pc.

thanks for the update, mate ! will try that
the only reason for concern I had is because on my previous PC (half a processor , half a memory comparing to this PC) the CloneDVD was running fine without interrupting the other applications too much.
That’s why I thought perhaps there are some settings which are available for the system.

Deicide5997 -

If you desire quality error free Commercial DVD Movie backup coping results you should not be attempting to conduct any Multi Tasking background tasking while conducting Commercial DVD Movie backup copying.

To ensure that all background operations are in fact curtailed check that ALL unnecessary programs are not automatically loaded during Window Startup. To check this suggest viewing the below Web Link that details how to use MSCONFIG to configure Windows Startup to load only necessary items. You will be surprised at all the unnecessary Memory and Resource wasting items that are automatically loaded during Windows Startup. Quite possibility you have some unnecessary item automatically loaded during Windows Startup that you are unaware of that could be interfering with the proper operation of your CD/DVD Burning software program that could be causing your problem.

http://netsquirrel.com/msconfig/

BeLooken