Clonedvd,anydvd and nec dn-5100A

I’m using CloneDVD 1.3.10.1 and AnyDVD 2.0.1.9 with my shiny new NEC DN-5100A DVD+R/RW but am facing a problem! CloneDVD does everything nicely until it comes to writing the DVD image. After inserting my blank DVD+R Maxell media the percentage stauts remains at 0% and after about 30 minutes I get a DVD Write Error 9. ON checking the disk it has written to it but seems not to be able to finalise the disk. I’ve read about dodgy media but this is not my problem here as I can write on the same media using Nero via a CloneDVD ISO/UDF image. Any advice would be most appreciated for a newbie!! Thanks!

Write Error 9 explained here

Thanks for this info.

I am also using Region Killer v2.7 as I find AnyDVD doesn’t always work. When installing CloneDVD, AnyDVD and Region Killer which is the correct install order?

I think that choice is grand. But I haven’t used Region Killer because us Aussie R4 PAL users don’t have to worry about RPC1 and RCE and all that crap - sorry.

AnyDVD has been updated many times and it should work as advertised. You should consider registering (free lifetime upgrades) and reporting any bugs :wink:

Originally posted by cocodreamnut
[B]Thanks for this info.

I am also using Region Killer v2.7 as I find AnyDVD doesn’t always work. When installing CloneDVD, AnyDVD and Region Killer which is the correct install order? [/B]

You cannot use Region Killer and AnyDVD at the same time.
AnyDVD is in fact an updated version of Region Killer.

Thanks Olli. I’ll remove everything and just reinstall CloneDVD and AnyDVD and go for it again.

Have removed CloneDVD, AnyDVD and Region Killer then reinstalled just CloneDVD and AnyDVD but I’m still getting the original problem when burning.

Would having CloneCD installed too be an issue?

At least I have a workaround for now as I can create ISO/UDF image and burn this using Nero.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Thx again.