CloneDVD and ISO

vbimport

I ripped a DVD (28 days later) using DVD Shrink & only saving the main movie which I had to compress by 10% to fit onto a single DVD, then I used CloneDVD to create an ISO, I am awaiting delivery of my Pioneer 106 so I have to play with Daemon Tools as a virtual DVD :slight_smile:

it worked fine but I noticed that the DVD ISO hasn’t got the usual empty AUDIO_TS folder, which I always heard was for compatibility with certain DVD players (true/false?) just wondered if this could cause a problem?

Olli if you want a beta tester on the new Pioneer 106 drive just let me know, as I will be burning a ‘few’ discs to test it out when I get my new toy :smiley:

I have never used the AUDIO_TS folder and all my dvd,s play on any dvd player i have used even my ps2

cheers I won’t worry about it too much then :slight_smile:

From my knowledge the AUDIO_TS folder is no requirement for Video DVDs.

by checking originals theres on 7/10 the famous AUDIO_TS
I tested Clonedvd last week on 8 Mile,must admit the quality is Alright :cool:
After burning straight from CloneDVD
The burn was a coaster and normally i dont have this using the normal way- burnsoftware(either RNM,Dvd-Decrypter or IMGTool 1.00.4(using Nero engine v5.5.10.28) bcuse bfore burning i always add the empty AUDIO_TS

“by coaster i mean the disc wont play on either PC,PS2)”

why?? i think bcuse there wasn’t the famous AUDIO_TS folder on the dvd-r,and ive got this right cuse i picked the VIDEO_TS from CloneDVD(8Mile) and added the empty AUDIO_TS
Burned whit IMGTool 1.00.4 on 1X(media: One G03)
and believe it or not the Disc booted whitout a problem on PC and PS2

you better use both to be on the safe side :wink:

either way thats the way i think about this :bigsmile:

AUDIO_TS is needed in some players for compatibility. This was a problem when InstantCopy first came out…Since then when you burn with InstantCopy it now adds an Audio_TS folder.

Originally posted by nyplayer
AUDIO_TS is needed in some players for compatibility. This was a problem when InstantCopy first came out…Since then when you burn with InstantCopy it now adds an Audio_TS folder.

Well, then we’ll add the AUDIO_TS folder as well.

May as well add it (Copy2Dvd did so a few months back, too). But, I’ve only seen one player balk due to it’s exclusion–and that was an ancient POS…
Doesn’t explain a problem playing on/from a 'puter, though.

Just a quick note, my neighbour’s no-name DVD player also refuses to play DVDs when there is no AUDIO_TS folder on the disc. So it’s indeed a good suggestion to add it Olli. It can’t do no harm anyway.