CloneDVD and Chapter Splitting

maybe i totally over looked it, if so post me the link and close this one :slight_smile:

is it possible with CloneDVD to break the main movie into two or more parts?

for example Lord Of the Rings is a long movie if i burn it with the standard options the compression would be so high that you better tape in on the VCR :slight_smile:

is it possible to burn the first 20 chapters of the movie to disc one and the last 20 chapters to disc two?
so that the compression isnt that big and maintain some quality

>is it possible with CloneDVD

nope. Best bet is to split with Shrink (or DVD Decrypter)

ok

maybe a point for the to do list :slight_smile:

9.4 GB two layers recordable DVDs are already on the way …:bow:

Originally posted by Maelstrom
[B]ok

maybe a point for the to do list :slight_smile: [/B]
It’s Working Software for Lazy People and I think it will stay in that niche. Because it’s not free is the very reason that it has to be fool-proof. I’ve spent a lot of time examining the rippers/transcoders and the combinations are almost infinite.

Rip

CloneDVD
DVD Decrypter
IC 7/8
DVD Shrink
SmartRipper

Transcode

CloneDVD
IC 7/8
DVD Shrink

Write

CloneDVD
DVD Decrypter
IC 7/8

Stream Processing & de/MUXing

Smart Ripper
DVD Decrypter

…and of course, you can add others, these are just the ones (not IC) I’ve looked at in some depth over the last few months

> maybe a point for the to do list <

It already is on the to do list.

> It’s Working Software for Lazy People and I think it will stay in that niche <

Sure, but CloneDVD already has some really nice features and will get even more - but the UI will be kept very simple and intuitive, with a minimum of required clicks and mouse movements.

would be a good option to add
good that it is already on the to do list :bigsmile:

i prefer one program that does it all instead of 4 or 5 programs that each does a bit.

Originally posted by Olli

It’s Working Software for Lazy People

Working Software for Busy People ! -

so it should be and the motto should sound like, IMHO :smiley: