CloneDVD and AnyDVD

vbimport

Ah its like the old days of CloneCD this, gets the blood flowing again.

if I click Copy entire DVD with menus extras etc (middle button) will it still Transcode if the Disc is small enough to fit on a DVD-R or will it just burn it?

this is one of the reasons I thought we needed the o-meter as I never know which option to use :slight_smile:

> if I click Copy entire DVD with menus extras etc (middle button) will it still Transcode if the Disc is small enough to fit on a DVD-R or will it just burn it? <

It will not transcode it if doesn’t need to, but it will re-mux it (you might have changed some streams), and this won’t be done on the fly (yet).
However, using AnyDVD saves you the rip-to-hd which takes some time and space. Note that CloneDVD will copy this again, if it needs to remux/transcode.

Note that CloneDVD will copy this again, if it needs to remux/transcode.

sorry can you explain that comment a bit further as I don’t understand it.

Originally posted by MadBob
[B]

sorry can you explain that comment a bit further as I don’t understand it. [/B]

If you use DVD Decrypter, it will copy the DVD to your Harddisk. If you use CloneDVD to transcode / remux, it will copy this copy to temporary files before burning.

I tend to confuse people by telling obvious things, sorry…

I did Stuart Little (PAL) last night, it had stumped DVD Shrink as it just wouldn’t load, but CloneDVD and AnyDVD did it complete in 16 minutes (movie only) from Rip to Burn, partly I realise because of the small size of the movie (8 min burn) but it was still very quick compared with having to rip with DVD Decrypter and then clone.

that impressed me, now if only they all did it at that speed :slight_smile:

[B]I did Stuart Little (PAL) last night, it had stumped DVD Shrink as it just wouldn’t load, but CloneDVD and AnyDVD did it complete in 16 minutes (movie only) from Rip to Burn, partly I realise because of the small size of the movie (8 min burn) but it was still very quick compared with having to rip with DVD Decrypter and then clone.

that impressed me, now if only they all did it at that speed :slight_smile: [/B]

Now you’re confusing me…

Didn’t you say AnyDVD fails with your Matshita drive??

No,

I have a Toshiba 1402 and JLMS 65H for reading and a Pioneer 106D for burning, my Dad (who you sent regards to in another post) :slight_smile: has a Toshiba Notebook with the offending Matshita Drive

[B]No,

I have a Toshiba 1402 and JLMS 65H for reading and a Pioneer 106D for burning, my Dad (who you sent regards to in another post) :slight_smile: has a Toshiba Notebook with the offending Matshita Drive [/B]

Ah, I thought your Dad has a Toshiba Notebook with Toshiba RPC2 drive…

Sorry for being confused! :slight_smile: