Clonedvd and anydvd problems

I’ve installed clonedvd (Elby) and anydvd (from Slysoft) to back up my dvd’s. worked great copying two dvd’s,but now when I use clone dvd, it starts to copy the movie then my computer re-boots. Tried re-installing both programs, no difference.
No viruse or worms are on my system so I’m at a loss as to why it happens.
Any ideas??

thebluemax.

Hi and welcome to the forum!

The virtual device drivers in question do not interfere with the kernel rings of Windows (Ring 1, Ring 2 etc). That said, bugs are not unexpected but, they generally occur in collaboration with some other poorly coded program/device driver.

Rebooting is video driver, RAM and heat related in most cases. Try to tickle your RAM with another memory sucking program and see if the issue persists.

You could also try DVD Decrypter, SmartRipper or another similar program to see if the problem is replicable.

Any other information you can provide about your system and rig would be helpful :wink:

Hi Futureproof
Thanks for a speedy reply, My system is as follows…
2.4 processor, 1024DDR ram, 160gHD, and my burner is a
Matshita (Panasonic) DVD-RAM,(uses DVD-R/RW discs) SW-9581.
I have heard that some people have compatability problems with this drive and CloneDVD/Any DVD, but as I say I have burnt 2 discs before with it and lovely copies and plays on stand alone DVD players as well.

thebluemax.:confused: