CloneDVD and AnyDVD Problem Burning

vbimport

I just installed the latest trial version of this software (from the Slysoft site) on my fairly new Dell laptop, and brand new external HP DVD840 dual layer DVD writer. My connection to the drive is USB2. I am reading from my intern DVD drive, and trying to write to my HP external drive. There is no problem during the read process, but during the write process, the light flickered for a couple minutes on the external drive and the program then just stopped responding. I am unable to eject the disk or close the program by using “end program.” I must do a hard reboot to start over. I repeated the process and got basically the same result. I then tried writing the DVD files to my hard drive with no problems, but the writing to the external drive and the program stopped responding around 28%. I am using compatible Verbatim DVD+R DL disks. I am writing at the disk rated speed of 8X on dual layer mode. I never received any error messages during the installations or the copying process. Any help will be appreciated!

I forgot to mention the title. The Movie was my copy of Capote, retaining just the disk menu, the movie, and English language audio.

@ backupguy,

Welcome to the Forum.

To prevent any confusion provide the Name(s) and Version Number(s) of the software program you are using.

Provide the Error Code(s) and exact complete Error Narrative(s) you receive when you experience your problem.

Have you ensured that you have curtailed all Multi-Tasking background operations while AnyDVD-CloneDVD is activated? Also have you ensured that you don’t have any invasive Anti-Virus and/or Packet Writing programs running while the AnyDVD-CloneDVD software programs are activated?

The following are examples of packet writing software programs –> Sonic DLA, Nero InCD, NTI FileCD, Roxio DirectCD/Drag-To-Disc, CE Quadrant Just!Burn, Sony abCD, InstantWrite, Backup4all, B’s Clip, NeoClip, InstantBurn. This is not an extensive complete list, there are numerous others. If you have any Packet Writing Software Programs installed strongly suggest to completely remove them from your computer.

To ensure that all background operations are in fact curtailed check that all unnecessary programs are not automatically loaded during Window Startup. To check this suggest viewing the below Web Link that details how to use MSCONFIG to configure Windows Startup to load only necessary items. You will be surprised at all the unnecessary Memory and Resource wasting items that are automatically loaded during Windows Startup. Quite possibility you have some unnecessary item automatically loaded during Windows Startup that you are unaware of that could be interfering with the popper operation of AnyDVD-CloneDVD that causing your problem.

http://netsquirrel.com/msconfig/

Best Regards,
bjkg

Thanks for the quick reply bjkg!!!

I indeed had about 30 processes running including, among others, Norton Internet Security and Norton Antivirus. The link to the list you provided is extremely helpful – I have never seen anything approaching this extensive of a list.

I have not yet installed the Nero, PowerDVD, and other programs that came with the DVD writer because the device appeared to work perfectly fine just by plugging it in – I have older versions of them on my machine now. But the software disk includes new DVD label scribing software (that burns the DVD in the form of a greyscale label) that I want to try. Do you know, are all Nero applications likely to be packet writing or otherwise interfere with the CloneDVD process, or only specific Nero software?

For future reference, the software versions I am using are AnyDVD 5.9.6.1 and CloneDVD 2.8.9.8.

I’ll report back if your suggestions fix the problem.

@ backupguy,

Normal Nero installation installs the Nero InCD Packet Writing program, which in reviewing numerous Forum postings reveals that Nero InCD causes conflict error problems with AnyDVD-CloneDVD and other software programs. In short all Packet Writing software programs should be avoided and [B]completely[/B] removed from a computer. They flatly do not work correctly and only cause operating errors in CD/DVD writing devices. This problem is only amplified in external CD/DVD writing devices.

Also there have been numerous Forum reports that Symantec Norton Anti-Virus conflict error problems occur with AnyDVD-CloneDVD software programs.

I hope you have success in weeding through all the needles unnecessary Memory and Resource wasting items that are automatically loaded during Windows Startup. As stated in my previous posting it is quite possible that you have some software program(s) loaded during Windows Startup that you are unaware of that could be interfering with the popper operation of AnyDVD-CloneDVD that are causing your problem. Recommend that you only load the very minimal necessary software programs during Windows Startup.

Best Regards,
bjkg