CloneDVD 2 sneak preview is here

Quick question for you Olli, how do I backup a DVD to be spread over 2 DVD-Rs for no quality loss. Will clonedvd 2 do this for me, and if so, please tell me how.

-Bh

i like the software alot. nice job. there are some small things i would change.

Make the program remeber if you want it to start maximized. have sound notifications at completion and failure for when you are away from pc- you can hear it- like in clonecd.

But the things that were already changed from ver 1 to ver 2 were more important really and are great additions.

Olli,

Is there anyway you could add a feature that would allow the selection of compression for each title rather than an overall setting? (Similar to DVDShrink)

I’ve backed up about 8 DVD-9’s with the new preview version. The current old version took 20-30 mins to encode and 15 mins to burn (4x-DVD+r). With the preview version I found it adds 15-20 minutes to the encode time. This is okay if it makes the quality better. No complaints just as information.:iagree:

I’ve tried this software with a long full-screen rock concert Dvd (about 2h 20mn) : there are too many visible blocks, much more than InstantCD/DVD 8. :confused:

Originally posted by stonecutter
[B]Olli,

Is there anyway you could add a feature that would allow the selection of compression for each title rather than an overall setting? (Similar to DVDShrink) [/B]

I’d just like to comment on stonecutter’s request and let CloneDVD developers know I think this feature would be very useful if possible to implement. I think it’s simply a wonderful idea.

Great job on v2 beta, awesome product! :slight_smile:

Yesterday I backed up Roger Waters “In The Flesh”, a 2.5 hour concert. I left out the extra´s and the DTS audiotrack, and it looks great.

Today I will compare CloneDVD and InstantCopy with another concert DVD.

Originally posted by AmstelBierPul

Yesterday I backed up Roger Waters “In The Flesh”, a 2.5 hour concert.
I left out the extra´s and the DTS audiotrack, and it looks great.

I did it the same way about a month ago,
in my case there were AnyDVD 3211 & CloneDVD 1.3.11.2 involved in the process.

All who seen the copied DVDR were amazed by the quality of picture and sound !

Media Information                            
Disc Regions are                                          1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
Media code/Manufacturer ID                                       RITEKG04
Format Type                                                      UDF 1.02
Volume Name                                  Roger Waters_In The Flesh 00
Application id                                               LBY CLONEDVD
Implementation id                                               Stefan ID
Recording Date/Time (mm/dd/yyyy)                       1/20/2004 13:43:56
Format Capacity                                            4.32GB(4.64GB)  

@BoSkin, there is always something to learn from you… how do you get a “report” like the one just posted? Some kind of software?

BTW, I love Roger Waters, and that concert is really amazing!

Thanks in advance, ET

You can obtain a report like this from DVDInfoPro :wink:
( website : dvdinfopro.com )

Originally posted by SEB [BH]

You can obtain a report like this from DVDInfoPro :wink:
Thx 4 the back-up ! :bow: :smiley:

Originally posted by eltranquil

BTW, I love Roger Waters, and that concert is really amazing!

Yes, it is brilliant ! Btw, I saw Pink Floyd live in Moscow in 1989.
There have been seen lots of different concerts and musicians since that, but nothing compares to it. :wink:

Thanks SEB [BH] and BoSkin!

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Originally posted by dgessler
[B]I’d just like to comment on stonecutter’s request and let CloneDVD developers know I think this feature would be very useful if possible to implement. I think it’s simply a wonderful idea.

Great job on v2 beta, awesome product! :slight_smile: [/B]

Thanks dgessler. I believe if CloneDVD had that feature, V2 would be a home run!

I’m sure the developers must have seen / tried DVDShrink. Maybe they don’t have the skillset to add varible compression to the software?

Maybe it would be a little bit too complex for most users. I just backed up “2001”. The quality is amazing. The first time I saw no blocks. Version1.x could not handle that movie (like all other software i tried). If i had not bought it, I would do now. Thanks Elby.:bow: :iagree: :bow:

I seem to get random films dark sometimes. Tears of the sun And monty python & the holy grail are both very dark :confused: I don’t know why these two as others are great. I’m using the same stuff since forever (ltd 166s, pioneer 106d) and both the latest versions of clonedvd and anydvd.

backed up underworld on tdk+r on 811s plays great no probs at all sound & picture brill can’t fault new version clonedvd ::bow:

Originally posted by jacen9
backed up underworld on tdk+r on 811s plays great no probs at all sound & picture brill can’t fault new version clonedvd ::bow:

Underworld works great for me too

In fact going back through them, They all seem too dark

will have 2 upgrade pc though took nearly 3 hours 2 rip on amd-k62 500 see if i can buy a xp 2600+333 soon…

Originally posted by hburrows83
In fact going back through them, They all seem too dark

Hi,

could you please post or send to bugs@elby.ch some more details about the used DVDs and settings:

• selected titles, streams and subtitles (menus preserved?)
  • EAN code of the DVD

Also, do you observe the complete video material to be too dark or are there parts which seem ok?

Thank you.