CloneDVD 2 sneak preview is here

http://www.elby.ch/en/products/clone_dvd/index.html
http://www.elby.ch/download/SetupCloneDVD2SneakPreview.exe
http://www.elby.ch/download/SetupVirtualCloneDrive.exe

Have fun:bigsmile:

oooooooooooooooh, quality is soooooooooooo much better now.

First impressions:

The virtual drive needs to be in the tray icon (like in clonecd) as it’s very annoying having to go into my computer THEN right click on it THEN click virtual drive and THEN mount image. Would be sooo much better if you could click on it in the tray and mount straight from there.:bow: Can’t complain about having six though :cool:

The trimming off of the chapters is a bit rough. You say this function is handy when removing long credits etc but if you can only cut whole chapters it seems a bit pointless. I don’t know of any film that has a whole chapter just for the credits, more often it is put half way in. You cannot therefore remove that chapter otherwise you miss the end of the film :a (not good)

The custom target size is a great idea and works well, AS does the already great compress-o-meter.

The audio and subtitle section is vastly improved no end. The much awaited quality bar is great, as is the layout a lot cleaner and clearer… well done :bow:

And finally whilst reading and writing, the snapshot is great, however i normally minimize clonedvd at this stage, as it takes a lot of cpu power. Glad to see the log and very very glad to see the layer break can now be removed :iagree:

When clicking on the sheep it gives you these lovely, pretty graphs, but i haven’t got a clue what they are telling me :o please enlightn me and i may find them useful :smiley:

DID I MENTION THE QUALITY…WOW!!! not enough bowing smilies available for this. :bow: :bow:

This is just a quick preview as it’s now my bedtime… Will have a play with it tomorrow.

Great work guys :iagree:

Olli, since I’ve now installed VCD, I guess the outdated [COLOR=blue]Close Tray can safely be uninstalled, right ?[/COLOR]

> The virtual drive needs to be in the tray icon (like in clonecd) as it’s very annoying having to go into my computer THEN right click on it THEN click virtual drive and THEN mount image. Would be sooo much better if you could click on it in the tray and mount straight from there. Can’t complain about having six though <

Eh, excuse me… it was exactly the same in CloneCD. The tray just opened the “Prefs” window.
And now you can simply double-click on the image to mount it.
And it can do some magic stuff nobody knows yet, because we don’t have a manual yet… :slight_smile:

Like ripping a DVD9 with DVD-Decrypter in 1Gig files, burn these files on two DVD-Rs, and mount them simultaneously in two DVD drives! I really need a “how to” guide for the HTPC folks :slight_smile:

> The trimming off of the chapters is a bit rough. You say this function is handy when removing long credits etc but if you can only cut whole chapters it seems a bit pointless. I don’t know of any film that has a whole chapter just for the credits, <

Pirates of the carribean sea springs to mind…

> more often it is put half way in. You cannot therefore remove that chapter otherwise you miss the end of the film (not good) <

Valid point. Maybe Armin can do something about it, at least in the first and last chapter.

> The audio and subtitle section is vastly improved no end. The much awaited quality bar is great, as is the layout a lot cleaner and clearer… well done <

I agree, and thanks!

> When clicking on the sheep it gives you these lovely, pretty graphs, but i haven’t got a clue what they are telling me please enlightn me and i may find them useful <

You can monitor the bitrate while transcoding - you can see exactly, how much reduction is done at this very moment. Each horizontal line represents 2MBit/s.

> DID I MENTION THE QUALITY…WOW!!! not enough bowing smilies available for this. <

I am glad you noticed. And, it isn’t slower then before, without pre-analysis !!!

> Great work guys <

I am glad, you like it. I hope, that everybody does…

Originally posted by BoSkin
Olli, since I’ve now installed VCD, I guess the outdated [COLOR=blue]Close Tray can safely be uninstalled, right ?[/COLOR]

Actually, I am not sure, but I think so, yes.
VirtualCloneDrive has anyway unregistered the “Close Tray” shell extension, otherwise you would see it twice.

Originally posted by Olli
Eh, excuse me… it was exactly the same in CloneCD. The tray just opened the “Prefs” window.
And now you can simply double-click on the image to mount it.
And it can do some magic stuff nobody knows yet, because we don’t have a manual yet… :slight_smile:

True, It’s been a long time since i used clonecd :o what i meant to say was (as with daemon tools) a tray icon would be quicker

And now you can simply double-click on the image to mount it.

Ooooh didn’t realise this until now. I like that idea :iagree: :iagree:

ignore my earlier moan :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by hburrows83
True, It’s been a long time since i used clonecd :o what i meant to say was (as with daemon tools) a tray icon would be quicker

A matter of taste… I personally always disliked the menu navigating in the tray with demon tools - and you never really know, in which virtual drive the image will end (in case you have more than one), as drive letters are getting more and more pointless nowadays…

Clicking on the drive you want to manipulate with the right mouse button is very logical and straightforward to me, be it ejecting it, closing the tray(!) or mounting a new image.

I am glad you noticed. And, it isn’t slower then before, without pre-analysis !!!

How do you do pre-analysis?

Originally posted by hburrows83
How do you do pre-analysis?

You use a different software product, which is slower with pre-analysis, but not necessarily better. :bigsmile:

Originally posted by Olli
You use a different software product, which is slower with pre-analysis, but not necessarily better. :bigsmile:

Hehe, i preferred it before the edit :wink:

Originally posted by Olli

Actually, I am not sure, but I think so, yes.
VirtualCloneDrive has anyway unregistered the “Close Tray” shell extension, otherwise you would see it twice.

Elaborate Bytes haven’t released a “stand alone” Virtual CloneDrive yet either…
I assume, they will do so soon, maybe even for free.

Yes, I’ve already uninstalled the obsolete CloseTray and the feature is still there thanks to VCD.

They did it !

Originally posted by hburrows83
Hehe, i preferred it before the edit :wink:

:bigsmile:

I think I may have found a bug while trying to make a back up of my American Wedding Unrated DVD. The DVD has both the theatre and unrated versions of the movie in the same VOB. Everything works fine when you select the unrated version with the target of DVD-5. However, if you pick a custom target size greater than DVD-5 and only select the unrated version, you get both the unrated and theatre versions of the movie in the final VOBs that CloneDVD2Preview creates.

Originally posted by LivingDay
[…] However, if you pick a custom target size greater than DVD-5 and only select the unrated version, you get both the unrated and theatre versions of the movie in the final VOBs that CloneDVD2Preview creates.

Yes, thanks, this is a known problem and will be fixed in the final version. CloneDVD’s remuxer is not yet able to reauthor/black out VOB’s.

So far the comments by hburrows83 and others certainly show CloneDVD is going to be the standard by which others strive. The changes are excellent. Some adjustments as noted from hburrows83 should work just fine. Thanks for all the hard work. I’ve been using CloneDVD since it’s beginning. Excellent product and support!!:bow: :bow:

I would agree that the trim chapter application is more or less valueless as it was designed and represents a significant design error. The inability to go to the last chapter and trim off off all of the normally useless end credits is significant. Other than that I have no problems with this version. I want to be able to trim down the end credits on the last chapter without doing away with the last chapter…someone was asleep at the wheel in this regard.

Hi,

I’m new in this forum, so it’s my first post in it… :smiley:
I’ve just downloaded the cloneDVD 2 sneak preview… and it really seems great… Congratulation. :bow:
What I 'd like to know are the following points… :confused:

In “Copy DVD titles” mode

  • Is it possible to change the order of titles selected (when no menu kept of course) ?
    There is the ‘first play’ feature but what about the next tiles order ???

  • Chapter cutting feature is good but would perhaps need to be extended… (to a timestamp AND chapter cutting feature?)like Mr.hburrows83 said.

  • Is it possible to set a audio stream and/or subtitle stream as default when the menu is not kept) ?

cant turn off snapshots in log tab, click on sheep nothing happens
no realtime bitrate and frame stats. on ripping jc2 movie now 117
mins (clonedvd v 1.3.12.1 same movie 40mins) other than that the playability on stand alone dvd & picture quality is superb cant
fault it nice one

Originally posted by jacen9
cant turn off snapshots in log tab, click on sheep nothing happens
no realtime bitrate and frame stats

These are only available whilst reading the dvd, not writing. Works great for me…

on ripping jc2 movie now 117
mins (clonedvd v 1.3.12.1 same movie 40mins)

strange, the speed seems the same to me, if not faster.

other than that the playability on stand alone dvd & picture quality is superb cant
fault it nice one

It’s really noticable on demanding dvds. If you have the chance, try Gangs of new york. It’s a real test of the transcoding engine, and i notice a huge difference