CloneDVD 2 Hangs With XP Media Center

I’ve just upgraded my machine to Pentium 4 540 3.3 Ghz with 1 GB Memory. It has XP Media Center as it’s operating system. When ever I copy a DVD whether on thefly or from the hard drive when it gets to flushing directories message after creating the copy it hangs the entire PC to the stage that it has to be switched off. Any suggestions or is it not compatible with this release of XP?

I can’t see XP Media Centre in the system requirements.

System Requirements
An IBM compatible personal computer with a Pentium-Class Microprocessor at minimum 500 MHz.
CloneDVD 2 requires Windows 98 / 98SE / ME with 128 MB RAM, Windows NT 4.0 with Service Pack 4 or better installed, Windows 2000 or Windows XP with 128 MB RAM.
If you use Windows NT, Windows 2000 or Windows XP you must be Administrator to install CloneDVD 2.
You will also need a DVD reader and preferably a DVD writer.
About 5 GB of available temporary harddrive space are necessary to clone DVDs.
The faster the CPU (1 GHz recommended) and the more memory (256 MB recommended) you have, the better CloneDVD 2 is going to perform.

So maybe not.

I have xp media center Pentium 4 3.2Ghz 1gb ram Sony Vaio. I am running anydvd and clonedvd. I have backed up any movie I have tried. I know this may not help you except as a point of reference. Good luck!

XP Media Center falls under Windows XP, it is supported. The problem is something else, usually a broken 3rd party IDE driver or an old firmware.

Thanks for everyones help. I have noticed that if I use DVD +R it runs with no problems finishing in 20 minutes. When I use -R finishes writing in the same 20 minutes then takes another hour and a half to flush buffers and create borders. Is this the media (top grade Ritek disks) or is there a setting I’m missing. :confused:

@ srook221,

There recently have been newer versions of AnyDVD and CloneDVD released. Please visit SlySoft (http://www.slysoft.com) and download the latest version of AnyDVD and CloneDVD.

Could you provide Manufacture Name/Model Number/Firmware Version of your DVD Burner and Manufacture ID and Media Code of your DVD media?

You can obtain this information if you use a software utility similar to DVDInfo Pro (http://www.dvdinfopro.com/).

It appears that you have an incompatibility issue between your DVD Burner and the DVD media you are using. If you provide the Manufacture Name/Model Number/Firmware Version of your DVD Burner and Manufacture ID and Media Code of your DVD media we might be able to resolve this issue.

Best Regards,
bjkg

I have the same issue. I have an hp media center pc. Pentium 4 3gig 1gig ram. It has an hp 640b dvd writer with lightscribe. I also have a sony 720 dvd writer that i converted to a usb writer. I does it on both writers. I try burning a dvd on my laptop with xp professional and it works fine, it’s just my laptop has a slllllllllllllloooowww processor and I just got my new pc.5 months ago. I think it is something to do with xp media center. just some input. any more help would be greatly appreciated.

I have Windows XP Media Center 2005 and have NO problems with CloneDVD or AnyDVD. I do not believe XP MCE is your issue. As Olli alluded to above, the issue is something else on your machine.

Do you also happen to have DVDCloner2 or 3 installed on your machine? When I put it on mine, suddenly CloneDVD2 no longer would burn -R, but did +R just fine. It also caused lockup at finalization with CopytoDVD. When I uninstalled DvdCloner, then normalcy returned. I am also running XP Media Center.

What is DVDCloner 2 or 3?

I should have really said DVDCloner II or III. Here’s a link.

http://www.dvd-cloner.com/

I don’t recommend this software.

I tried what srook221 did by switching from the dvd -r to the dvd +r and it works like a champ. For some reason clone dvd “2” when loaded on windows xp media center edition doesn’t like dvd -R’s. Thanks to srook221 for the feedback. Now I’m running great. Also thanks to bigboard.

So Media Center with a HP 640b will only work with +R’s or will a firmware upgrade help? Sorry, I’m a newb, and can’t find any definitive answers here…

srook221

As you can see below, I am using Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition Pro with SP-2. I also use CloneDVD 2 to burn my files to disc, and have had no problems at all.

Eric