CloneDVD 2.9.1.6 beta Released

vbimport

Changes in CloneDVD 2.9.1.6 beta :

• New: CloneDVD no longer uses the Windows filesystem, when reading from a Video DVD. It has now its own UDF parser / reader. Discs which cannot be read by Windows can now be copied with CloneDVD.
  • Fix (DVD): Small bugfix in “repairing defective disc structure” function.

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupCloneDVD2916.exe

Thanks Alan

Thank you Alan. At this time i have not got my upgrade email.

Oh never mind it is a beta :doh:

Must be getting it ready for Blu-ray copies :bigsmile:

[quote=Bob;2025276]Thank you Alan. At this time i have not got my upgrade email.

Oh never mind it is a beta :doh:

Must be getting it ready for Blu-ray copies :bigsmile:[/quote]
Is that in the changelog ? You must know something I don’t. LOL.:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2025280]Is that in the changelog ? You must know something I don’t. LOL.:bigsmile:[/QUOTE]No i’m just guessing again :iagree:

anydvd can decrypt blu ray already…so you only need the blanks…it doesnt make sense to do blu ray to dvd…or do you mean blu ray 50gb to 25gb?

[QUOTE=alan1476;2025266]Changes in CloneDVD 2.9.1.6 beta :

• New: CloneDVD no longer uses the Windows filesystem, when reading from a Video DVD. It has now its own UDF parser / reader. Discs which cannot be read by Windows can now be copied with CloneDVD.
  • Fix (DVD): Small bugfix in “repairing defective disc structure” function.

[U]http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupCloneDVD2916.exe[/U][/QUOTE]

Ok, Alan so since Anydvd broke BD+ will CloneDVD when it gets rereleased will it be able to backup BD movies assuming one has the BD writer and BD media?

I wish I knew coolcolors, I would think they were working on it but I have the same information you do. I am sure it will happen, but when is another story.:confused:

CloneDVD will probably never be able to deal with BD. If they ever release something to handle it, which I’m sure they will eventually, it will likely be a new product.

if they are working on it…they are assuming that the bd-r 25gb discs will get alot lower than $15…i think its gonna be a while before they’ll get cheap enough for people to use them for backups etc.

We know that they have interest in doing it. Whether it’s being actively worked on or not, no one knows. People need to understand that this will be WAY more difficult than DVD. With DVD you had MPEG2, AC3, and DTS. With BD you have MPEG2, VC1, AVC, TrueHD, DD+, DTS HD MA, LPCM, etc. And the menu’ing structure is insane. So, a CloneBD program is not going to be quick to write and will take a monumental effort. I’m sure they’ll get there eventually.

This version takes longer for me to load, specially, when it tries to bring up the movie, also crashed on me a couple of times. i guess that’s why is called beta. I should have sent the info to slysoft, but had no time.