CloneDVD 1161 Bug Report

vbimport

Hello guys, here a small list of bugs i find out into CloneDVD 1161, dont know if are fixed into the 1171, had no time to test all of the titles yet, but Akira still dont works.

Here a list of titles, Extracted with DVDDecrypter, and shrinked with CloneDVD.

1. Akira, Japanese edition, Region 1
    CloneDVD crashed while shrinking
    (error: too many secrets on this computer???!)
    DVD2One crashed while shrinking
    (DVD2one is unable to decrypt this movie)

THIS MOVIE WAS DECRYPTED ALREADY WITH DVDDECRYPTOR!

1. Ringu (The Ring), Japanese Edition
    CloneDVD crashed while shrinking
    (error: too many secrets on this computer???!)
    DVD2One crashed while shrinking
    (DVD2one is unable to decrypt this movie)

THIS MOVIE WAS DECRYPTED ALREADY WITH DVDDECRYPTOR!

1. Animatrix, Italian version
    Clone DVD crashed while shrinking

2. Authored RINGU, Region 2, 3 movies into the
    single DVD.
    Clone DVD managed to shrink the movie,
    but the copy came out with messed up menus!!!
    Selecting movie 3, plays the movie 1, selecting movie
    2 plays movie 1, and selecting movie 1 plays movie 2!!
    So cool!!! I was getting crazy!!!

DVDShrking didnt manage to copy this movie, even
at compression 9, the final result is over 5 gb!!!

Jined

what kinda of crazy secrets do you have on your computer??

the naked photo of Bill G.

Jined

Wow, I really need to get these DVDs. Do you know if Amazon Japan ships to Europe? :slight_smile:

‘Too many secrets’ is the error you get when to try and read a ‘protected’ (by CSS) file off a drive/disc that hasnt been authenticated.

If the files are already on your hdd, this is pretty much impossible!

Are you sure you pointed CloneDVD at the ripped files on the hdd, and not the dvdrom?

Even if unable to write optimized assembly routines for a real time transcoding vob to vob, i am not the last idiot of this planeT !

Jined

Dear Lightning, i seize the occasion to report a bug for DVD Decryptor…

It is unable to decrypt a movie from a DVD Burner connected with a Firewire BOX, in the particular case a Pioneer 105 into a Firewire box…DVD Decrypter start to decrypt the first 10 or 30 megabytes then freezes.

Tested on DVD Decryptor 3.1.6.0

JiNeD

No problem here with decrypter and an ext firewire DVD burner…

Try switching to another I/O Interface type.

As you already have CloneDVD installed, use ElbyCDIO !

As for my previous post, sorry, I didnt mean to make you out to be an idiot…but you’d be suprised what some people are capable of!

The error just doesnt make sense when reading from the hdd, therefore my statement was ‘fair’.
Perhaps there is an issue with CloneDVD somewhere - who knows?!

Of course i switched i/o mode:

tried elbyio, aspi and asapi.

Nothing changed…

Did you tested extracting from a burner connected
via Firewire?

Anyway, the firmware of the Pioneer 105 is the 1.30 patched for 4xall and high speed extraction, dunno if can interact but i suppose (only suppose) not, because the burner extract fine if connected via ATAPI.

Seems properly an interface issue…

Jined

>As for my previous post, sorry, I didnt mean to make you out to >be an idiot…but you’d be suprised what some people are >capable of!

Yeah i understand, here in Italy we have some folks that use the cd tray as coffee cup holders…

Jined

Well I dont really know the big problem with external interfaces. My USB2 one works just fine, and the other chaps firewire one works just fine.

That seems to suggest its something particular to your machine…ie. the drivers?

I dont think my program has the ability to freeze your machine on its own, that would be a lower down process.

Actually not the machine was freezed, but DVDDec application…
so, shutting it down with taskmanager was necessary.

Drivers…no specific drivers are used, the firewire card is pnp and uses drivers supplied with win2000.

Jined

Ok “freeze” was the wrong term, my mistake.

“Not responding” maybe is the perfect term.

JiNeD

It is ‘very’ odd that the program should not respond.
The entire thing is multithreaded so the gui bit should always work.

All I can think of is that the read thread got stuck, due to your drive never returning the data that was asked from it.
All you’d get then is a ‘Waiting for read thread’ message in the status bar.

If I cant reproduce these problems, I have no chance of fixing them. :frowning:

Again, on DVD Decryptor:

Would be nice to have an option to set the DEFAULT destination folder…the application chooses by its taste the a partition where to save DVD titles, with the name of the MOVIE, but if i set a different drive/folder, the feature of saving the movie title goes away…

I am not one of that bastards that dont want to lose 5 seconds to browse a directory and write a name on it…but casually DVDDecryptor points to volume M: that is one of my partition reserved for mirrored and wiped automatically every 5 minutes…

So i cant just use the feature of extraction with automatic naming.

So, would be nice an optional feature of putting a default Volume/Directory where to saving extracted movies.

JiNeD

Well, extracting from an external fw device is not a major issue for me, as long as i extract with the internal dvd-rom (pioneer 106) is just a sin that other ripping and burning applications just run fine… and dvd decryptor, thats the best ripper around, have this issue.

JiNeD

Yes! And i am also one of that bastards that suggest improvements without browsing all software settings!!

NEVER MIND!!

I find out the settings for switching from Autodestination
to Custom!

I deserve rotten tomatoes…

JiNeD

Originally posted by jined
[B]Again, on DVD Decryptor:

Would be nice to have an option to set the DEFAULT destination folder…the application chooses by its taste the a partition where to save DVD titles, with the name of the MOVIE, but if i set a different drive/folder, the feature of saving the movie title goes away…

I am not one of that bastards that dont want to lose 5 seconds to browse a directory and write a name on it…but casually DVDDecryptor points to volume M: that is one of my partition reserved for mirrored and wiped automatically every 5 minutes…

So i cant just use the feature of extraction with automatic naming.

So, would be nice an optional feature of putting a default Volume/Directory where to saving extracted movies.

JiNeD [/B]

I think you’ll find using the ‘Semi Automatic’ option for ‘Default Destination’ will allow exactly that.