Cloned KOTOR (even with 1.02 patch) witht the lift of a finger?

i tried to backup SW-KOTOR with blindwrite suite v. 5.1.1.128, with the automatic profile for all the four cds, then i mounted all the images with daemon tools (latest one, as i didn’t have any on my HD…) and started the installation.
everything went smooth, and this was a small surprise; the big surprise came with the installation of the latest patch, which i read (here) upgrades securom’s version, as the game still started and run without a single glitch :iagree: :iagree:

now i’m asking: am i actually dreaming? i only clicked a big, single button and i cloned one of the latest games on the market. i know i still have to burn it (i’m out of cd-r’s…), but considering this big result i think i’m going to trust this piece of soft…

gee, good job! :cool:

now i’m asking: am i actually dreaming? i only clicked a big, single button and i cloned one of the latest games on the market. i know i still have to burn it (i’m out of cd-r’s…), but considering this big result i think i’m going to trust this piece of soft…

exactly that is the “difficult” part of the thing… burning it… :wink:

you cannot compare using an image in a v-drive to a burned cd… think, many things that can “easily” be emulated by the v-drive sonftware (d-tools), such as the physical cd information, can NOT be burned so easily…
of course, if just clicking on the copy button without the tweaker i guess your copy will run on your computer, but it won’t on any one without autoplay / blindwrite installed…

so, success is a really relative word… :wink:
Raz

ok, actually the burned copy didn’t work from a burner (my reader is currently unplugged…), but the message i got was quite funny: please insert the original disc instead of a backup :bigsmile:

Did you use anything to hide the cd-r atip?

Originally posted by genjai
Did you use anything to hide the cd-r atip?
well, not yet: i installed the first clone cd demo i found on my hd, but that option was grayed out… guess i should restart my computer before being able of using it… will report back :cool:

tried the one that came with alcohol, but it didn’t work… do you have any better idea?

Did you use Autoplay?

i really have no clue about where to search for it with bw5. yeah, shame on me! :slight_smile:

Autoplay is BW5’s emulation option. If a CD is tagged for autoplay and you have the autoplay filter installed (it comes with BW5) autoplay will do everything for you without you noticing it :slight_smile:
Did you use the automatic profile?
Did you use install BW5Tweaker?

yes, i used the automatic profile, and no i don’t have the tweaker installed.
how do i de/activate the autoplay filter (that was actually what i was asking :wink: )?

You have to download BW5Tweaker, there you’ll have an option to disable autoplay

I have been trying to backup my UK edition of KOTOR (securom v4.87) with a liteon 48125w, but have so far had no luck - only coasters!

I downloaded latest tweaker (v1.55) and bw 5.11 and I disabled autoplay using the command:

C:\Program Files\vso\PcSetup.exe" /removeatip

I then used the tweaker and unchecked the autoplay box, read the disk at 4x speed and burnt the disk at 4x. The original starts the game fine, but the backup just spins up and then does nothing! :frowning:

Can anyone give any advice as to where i might be going wrong? I did use alcohol’s hide cd-r media option as well.

Many Thanks! :slight_smile:

Also, could someone please clarify for me the role that the be tweaker has to play in creating the backup - does it merely need to be installed for the backup to work or do the settings have to be put in from the tweaker and then blindwrite started up using it?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Look I know this ground may have been covered before, but I am simply asking for clarification (on last 2 posts)…I thought I might at least receive a quick summary answer! :frowning:

Are you guys too busy to respond or are my questions so stupid as to not be worthy of a response?

You should post your BlindWrite log (located at C:\Program Files\vso\Blindwrite5\BW5.log) include the read and write part of the log.
Have you tried writing with Autoplay?

>>>>are my questions so stupid as to not be worthy of a response?

All questions are worthy of a reply, no matter how stupid.
(not saying your question is stupid)

Yes I have tried writing both with and without Autoplay…neither method was successful. I will post my logs later. Thank you for the response! :slight_smile:

Still would like an explanation as to how the tweaker should be used correctly in this situation so as to allow a copy to be burned successfully without autoplay. :bow: