CloneCD4 Beta 30 with The Plex401240a

vbimport

My question is,

I have The Beta of CloneCD 4 version 30 and a Plextor 401240a and every time I Backup a CD it only manages to get to 24x, of the fly and as an image. How do you increase the speed to say 32x and above?

I use A TDK CD-R80 Reflex Ultra, rated at 32x.(Nero Speed test at 40x)
I have tried the original in my Plextor 241040a and LiteON DVD 163 16x DVD.

When I use the latest versions of CDmate and Nero they give me the rated max speed of 32x.

Is this a problem in CloneCD.

BTW I have tried all different settings in CloneCD but only manage to get 24x :frowning:

Your input is much appreciated.

Thank you

Bartman:cool:

I have exactly the same problem!!!

Weird… Are you sure the discs you’re using can be written at 40x? Have you tried using the same discs with Nero for example? Compare the achieved writing times. 650MB should be written in about 3 minutes. 700MB should be written in about 3:20 seconds.

Originally posted by G@M3FR3@K
Weird… Are you sure the discs you’re using can be written at 40x? Have you tried using the same discs with Nero for example? Compare the achieved writing times. 650MB should be written in about 3 minutes. 700MB should be written in about 3:20 seconds.

It is possible, that some devices won’t write at full speed in DAO-RAW mode. Making speed tests with SAO-RAW or SAO could be interesting. (Simulation should be enough for speed checking)

I have done the CDSpeed test and the speed was 40X.

Originally posted by hteunissen
I have done the CDSpeed test and the speed was 40X.

I have with the Nero speed test, the TDK are rated at 32x but u can get 40x with them…I have tested loads of CD media and TDK and Plextor Media are the only ones that I have found to be the best.

Nero is fine with the TDK and do 32x…(u can tell the speed the CD is being written at by the LED flashing on the front of the Plex401240).

I personally believe that Clone CD has the problem because the other2 I use. Nero and CDmate, burn at max speed 32x-40x.

Ollie…wow thanks for your reply…I will try that and let u know.

Bartman:cool: