Clonecd won't open in XP

Using Windows XP Home, I cannot open Clonecd. When I try and start it, I just get an error message saying that a problem was encountered and that it cannot be opened. What’s wrong?

Hi modyouup welcome to cdfreaks,

did you try a reinstall?, maybe it’ll work.

Yeah I deleted the alias off my desktop and downloaded the setup again and installed it (which I guess overwrote whatever was in the program directory?) and it didn’t change anything.

Okay, I just ran the uninstall and installed clonecd again and restarted the system and still when try to open the application it just encounters a problem. How the hell do I open this?

what is the error message?

I don’t know, it gives no details at all. Just that it’s
“encountered a problem and must close.”

What version of CloneCD? Are you installing with the VD?

The latest version. What’s the VD?

I think VD=Virtual Drive, but there is none in newest version of CloneCD :confused:

Yes, I think the CloneDrive was removed when CloneCD 4 came.

The CloneDrive was removed when it was sold to Slysoft as I recall.

I have the last version of ClonCD that came with CloneDrive(4.2.0.2),but I got a copy from www.oldversion.com
Also, this was the last version to be compatble with ClonyXXL. So, basically all versions thereafter do not pocess the capibilities of 4.2.0.2; according to my research :slight_smile:

Speaking of which, I can’t get CloneCD to work with ClonyXXL, even after reading the “CloneCD 4 Command Line Options(in the help file).” The only thing I could think of was to make a .bat file that executes CloneCD.exe /copyprof=C:\program fil…etc.
PWEASE HELP :sad:

??? The newest ClonyXXL cannot make CloneCD Profiles due to a legal issue, but versions before it can. If you use an older version it should still be compatible with the current CloneCD (4.3.2.2)

just get old version of clone cd from www.oldapps.com and try to use it.