Clonecd with liteon

vbimport

Hello all, i have just bought an liteon 32x12x40 cdwriter and am trying to make back ups of my playstation games.

Heres the problem, i downloaded the latest version of clonecd along with the set settings for certain protections (ie libcrypt, safedisc etc) and tryed to copy a few of my psx games

Problem is nothing is getting recorded onto my cds! the red light goes on, but nothing is getting burnt on. Im writing at 1x and it only takes round 20min to burn the cd, wat is goin on here??

Why are you only writing at 1x? Id be doing them at max speed, I have a 24102B and had no problems copying psx games, used the Libcrypt profile.

The LiteOn can only do 8x for the slowest writing speed. I’m not sure what is causing your problem, but here are a few things you should try/check out out first:

1. Is the test writing mode turned on in CloneCD
  2. CDR media may not be good for LiteOn so results in bad burn - try using different media
  3. Try burning from an image file to see if this works

Originally posted by Truman
[B]The LiteOn can only do 8x for the slowest writing speed. I’m not sure what is causing your problem, but here are a few things you should try/check out out first:

1. Is the test writing mode turned on in CloneCD
  2. CDR media may not be good for LiteOn so results in bad burn - try using different media
  3. Try burning from an image file to see if this works [/B]

Another thing to check is whether the game you want to copy is libcrypt protected or not. Not many are.

If not and if the cd has a single data track (i.e. no separate audio track/s) you can copy it as an ordinary data cd (though for best results reduce reading and writing speeds to 8x; psx cds are harder to read than ordinary cds).

If the cd does have one or more audio tracks or if it is libcrypt protected, you shouldn’t have any real trouble copying them with either the standard game cd profiles (though with your writer you should permanently disable AWS from the settings page, and again I would recommend modifying the profile so as to read and write at 8x) or with the custom libcrypt profile that you downloaded from this site.

ok they psx game is protected it has libcrpyt protection.

When i come to write the image from my hardrive to the disk it sounds as if the cd isnt even spinning! The red light is always on till the end of the burn, but no data is getting written onto it.

The burner works with other programs such as nero, mmjukebox and others, but why is it doin this with clonecd?

Also i havve the original firmware for it, XS0R, should i upgrade it?
If so to what and where can i get it from

Can someone please tell me the settings that i should have for tis libcrypt protcetion

thanks alot

clone cd profiles can be d/l at the top of this forum thanks to the moderators:D

and lite-on firmwares can be d/l in the lite-on forum thanks to oc-freak