CloneCD version 3 VS 4

vbimport

I have been a recent purchaser of Clone CD and have recently downloaded version 4 BETA 19 onwards (now 30).

But my question is which of the two is better?

I have noticed people mention settings etc, but in version 4 there seems to be a lack of options to actually set any additional settings?

Am I missing something? Or does version 4 do it all for the user by setting all the correct settings?

Should I go back to version 3? or is version 4 such a step forward and better at making backups than earlier versions?

The most important thing:
The AWS option has been greatly enhanced in CloneCD 4.x
And it is easier in usage. But I have never had any probs in navigating CCD.

to change the settings…of an image or write file…right click on the game option icon …and use the edit function…if you save it you can create your own personal settings…nice feature

Originally posted by Ad_Enuff
Should I go back to version 3? or is version 4 such a step forward and better at making backups than earlier versions?
The latestversion of CloneCD offers ‘out-of-the-box’ success. The default profiles will give you success unless you have a non-MMC compliant device. In the main, just use the provided profiles and smile, smile, smile.

FutureProof wrote:

“The latestversion of CloneCD offers ‘out-of-the-box’ success”

I got to be honest, I´m very unsure of the CCD4 settings…
As I´ve understood it the “GameCd” profiles are self adjusting to what type of the copyprotection there is in the the reader/writer.
My first try with the default “GameCd” settings was not successfull. After 2 coasters I went back to do the setting manually.

Ok…I can see answers to this …please search before asking… but I´ve followed this forum more closely then before the last month and I´m still unsure about how to use the “default” CCD4.

A"sticky" thread about CCD4? or is there one that I have missed?

Look here for reading; adjusting the write is a similar process. Note Olli’s comments. Also, look here too.