CloneCD v3.2.0.1 the answer to all your problems?

The one issue that I still don’t understand is why the Amplify Weaks Sectors is disabled for USA/UK.
A quote from an article from www.cdrinfo.com : This new feature is not available in USA&UK due to the local laws. The UK doesnt seem to have something similar to DMCA but CloneCD author believes: “…I am not a law expert, but the UK has close relations to the US and I was advised to leave out these options for the UK. Better safe than sorry…”.
How come Betablocker doesn’t have any lawsuits from Macrovison or stuff like that?

I think that there are no lawsuits against BetaBlocker for the following reasons:

1. It isnt a burning app like CloneCD… If CloneCD could make working backups of protected CD’s it would then be violating US copyright law… That or the fact that protections on PC media cannot be altered…

2. How can you sue someone for making a program when the persons identity is not really known and where no one is profiting from it unlike CloneCD?

Those are my reasons…

Also, using the registry hack to enable the AWS feature does not work as per Olli…

Originally posted by Hypnosis4U2NV
Also, using the registry hack to enable the AWS feature does not work as per Olli…
On www.cdrsoft.cc you can find a little tool to enable the AWS function. Haven’t tested it though since I live in Europe where this function does work :stuck_out_tongue:

The Tool posted on CDRSoft to set the CloneCd amplify weak sectors option did not work for me. Changing my nationality and thereby regions does work but I was hoping that this tool would fix things so I didn’t have to do it that way. I was disappointed.:frowning:

I don’t get why the registry hack doesn’t work? I have CloneCD v3211 (running on Windows ME) and I have modified the “AmplifyWeak” to the value 1. I rebooted my computer and I checked my registry, the value didn’t change to 0.

ha does CloneCD version 3.2.0.1 copy playstation 2 games if not what does and what should i use to burn ps2 games

Changing the values to 1 and restarting the computer doesnt matter because once you run CloneCD, the programn checks to see whether your in that country and if your not it disables them again to 0…

Has anyone had luck with the CloneAMP proggie?

Originally posted by pitt_bullz
ha does CloneCD version 3.2.0.1 copy playstation 2 games if not what does and what should i use to burn ps2 games
NO. CloneCD can’t copy PS2 discs simply because they use DVD discs. For more info on copying PS2 I suggest you take a look @ www.megagames.com