CloneCD v3.2.0.1 the answer to all your problems?

vbimport

This sound really good... I wonder if anyone has tested it yet (I would have but I have too little time :()...

[u]CloneCD version 3.2.0.1[/u]

What's New:
  • Added "Amplify Weak Sectors" option! (not available in USA and Great Britain)
  • Added CloneCD Tray Icon!
  • Added Option to "hide" CDR Media from applications (not available in USA and Great Britain, not available on Windows NT4)
  • Added CD-Writer YAMAHA CRW-70, MITSUMI 4809, TEAC 524 and many new PHILIPS drives (see Supported Writers)
  • CloneCD no longer aborts reading, if the device doesn't support reading of subchannel data!
  • Better compatibility with IDE Busmaster drivers.
  • [li]Improved Audio reading of Audio CDs with corrupt TOC with PLEXTOR and other CD-Writers
    Bug fixes:[/li][li]Fixed read problems with SONY CRX-175, SONY CRX-0811 and SONY CRX-1611
    [/li][*]Fixed possible crash, when CloneCD was started.
I feel sorry for the peeps in the US/GB (but I think you can bypass this one way or another)...

This function is disabled in the UK and USA, but is easy to enable. Just run Regedit.exe, do a search for ‘AmplifyWeak’, double click when it’s been found and enable by entering 1 instead of 0.

That’s great and greatly appreciated but how about this second part, “hide CDR Media from applications” Got a fix for this one?

If not thanks for what you did supply.:wink:

There are already reports of non-SD2 burners that do not ‘support’ amplified weak sectors and thus still produce a coaster - time will confirm those brands & models. However, you can always try the protection emulation in D-Tools to see if it will work anyway.

Originally posted by dividezero
This function is disabled in the UK and USA, but is easy to enable. Just run Regedit.exe, do a search for ‘AmplifyWeak’, double click when it’s been found and enable by entering 1 instead of 0.

My problem isn’t the Amplify Weak Sectors but the setting that hides ATIP info from applications. It isn’t present and my OS is WinXP. Is my OS the problem since I read that this setting isn’t available under NT4. If so is there is any type of workaround?

Not to worry I found it in the menu of the tray icon. I really need to change my glasses!

Originally posted by seaegg
I really need to change my glasses!
Heheh LOL :slight_smile:

I installed 3201 and then just a minute ago 3202 with my system setting on something other than USA and UK to bypass the thing, you know. I also did the registry fix also. The problem is that I can’t see the option for ‘AmplifyWeak secctor’. Do I have to have a SD2 CD in or should that option show with any CD? Where should I be looking? Thanks.

Originally posted by DinaMoe
I installed 3201 and then just a minute ago 3202 with my system setting on something other than USA and UK to bypass the thing, you know. I also did the registry fix also. The problem is that I can’t see the option for ‘AmplifyWeak secctor’. Do I have to have a SD2 CD in or should that option show with any CD? Where should I be looking? Thanks.

You’ll only see this setting under the write options when you’re burning a CD using CloneCD.

When and I ask when do we use the hide cdr mrdia option…

Well is it while copying
Is it while using a copy to install
Is it while playing the game

can some one clear the air

…when playing a CD-R(W). Just leave it on all the time. :cool:

btw, I am having Xtreme difficulties with my proxy & firewall. If you read this it’s due more to luck & persistence on hitting that “Submit Reply” button than technical ability. I may be off air for most of the day…or two. The problem is confined to two sites this one and CDRForum. CloneClinic is OK at this stage.

Does anybody know about or have luck with the PLextor 164010??

If the atip is hiidwn by clone cd option how does the game run. I thought i checks the atip. Could someone explin what the atip protection is and how clone by pases it in detail

thanks

I am not going to go into the technical details of how the ATIP CloneCD fix works but if it is grayed out it is not active and not working AND it means that you are in the USA or Great Britain. The only way to fix that, that is to change your residence in Control Panel-Regional Settings. You may also need a registry hack to get amplify weak sectors to function.

I need to get my glasses checked too, because I turned off the Sys Tray Icon for CloneCD and I don’t know how to get it back…lol. I don’t see anything in the Settings for it. :confused:

Originally posted by Slider
I need to get my glasses checked too, because I turned off the Sys Tray Icon for CloneCD and I don’t know how to get it back…lol. I don’t see anything in the Settings for it. :confused:
Go to the folder where you installed CloneCD, Start CloneCDTray.exe and voila there it is in you tray. Now right mouseclick on it and select ‘Autostart’ to make it start up automatically on Windows startup…

Originally posted by dividezero
This function is disabled in the UK and USA, but is easy to enable…

Thanks for the info! :slight_smile:

Mr Kenneth Linn

I live in Australia. I do not have any problems. The thing is I dont even know when how why clone feature of hide cdr/w works only that this feature works for me but I dont know what good it does…
:confused: :rolleyes:

Sorry Mrsash I thought you had said the new functions of CLoneCD had been grayed out. HEre is an expanation of ATIP from G@M3FR3@K that is a good description of ATIP and was posted a while ago:

"Every blank CD-R has important info on the disc itself which is called ATIP or pre-groove. Without this data/info the CD-R cannot be used by a writer. The ATIP contains the following info:

The capacity of the CD-R
The manufacturer of the CD-R
The type of the CD-R (eg. Audio only)
Supported writing speeds
Absolute lead-in time
Last possible address where data can be written etc…
Only a CD-Writer can read the ATIP (because like I said before this ATP is only needed when writing a CD-R). The ATIP protection is based on this fact: when the game starts it checks if there’s is ATIP info present: if so then it will presume it’s a CD-R disc and will not play. However a normal CD-ROM cannot read this ATIP and will of course ‘say’ that this data is not present: thus the copy will work. "

Thus, this applies only to your burner not being able to play a burned copied disk which because it can read ATIP info that is burned on the copied game will not let you play the game. CD-Roms and DVDs do not read ATIP and thus can play the copy protectred game since they don’t see the ATIP info.

The latest CloneCD in CD Tray has an option which hides the ATIP and thus tricks the writer so it does not read ATIP info and thus thinks it is an original game and it can now be played. :slight_smile:

Kenneth Linn

thanks man that explained the whole thing. I did not know that the atipcan only be read by the writer etc.

thanks again;)