CloneCD Tray

vbimport

#1

Disabling (unticking) CloneCD Tray "autostart" won't affect anything, right?
I really need to disable that cuz it causes my CD-Rom to not being able to detect media.


#2

Nope won’t have any negative effect. You can always restart the CloneCD tray from the folder where you’ve installed CloneCD. And besides: the tray really is only handy when playing games with the ATIP protection from a CD-Writer (Hide CDR Media function).


#3

BTW do you know how to disable that tray icon loading on Windows start? :confused:
I tried to give a look on the Windows Registry key “Run” but there’s only a “CloneCDElbyCDFL” entry.


#4

Try Start/run “msconfig” and disable CloneCD in “autostart”.
That is if you are running 98 or ME. Not sure if that works in XP.


#5

Originally posted by HotBlack
Try Start/run “msconfig” and disable CloneCD in “autostart”.
That is if you are running 98 or ME. Not sure if that works in XP.

Why so complicated? Click on the CloneCD Tray Icon. Disable Autostart. That’s all.


#6

Yup:cool:


#7

Originally posted by Olli
[B]

Why so complicated? Click on the CloneCD Tray Icon. Disable Autostart. That’s all. [/B]

Olli? What a honour.
Thank you for the info. I thought that with “Autostart” you were referring to the CD Autorun.


#8

Heheh LOL :smiley: Some more info on the CloneCD tray can be found here.


#9

Originally posted by G@M3FR3@K
Heheh LOL :smiley: Some more info on the CloneCD tray can be found here.

You forget to mention, that the CloneCD 4 Tray is the real reason to upgrade to XP: Under XP you’ll see the CloneCCD Sheep as 16x16 256 colour icon in your taskbar! :slight_smile:


#10

Originally posted by Olli
You forget to mention, that the CloneCD 4 Tray is the real reason to upgrade to XP: Under XP you’ll see the CloneCCD Sheep as 16x16 256 colour icon in your taskbar! :slight_smile:
I forgot about that one! Will upgrade to XP immediately! :wink:


#11

cute


#12

Originally posted by Olli
[B]

You forget to mention, that the CloneCD 4 Tray is the real reason to upgrade to XP: Under XP you’ll see the CloneCCD Sheep as 16x16 256 colour icon in your taskbar! :slight_smile: [/B]

You are right Olli, it’s worth upgrading to XP just for the sheep. :smiley:

I was a bit sad when I noticed that it was on my XP running laptop but not my desktop running Me. :frowning: