CloneCD shows incorrect speed during burning process

vbimport

Hey guys

I’m trying to burn a psx image with CloneCD at 4x. I’ve made sure that the write speed in psx libcrypt settings is set to 4x, as well as the write speed option in the window where you choose between profiles.
During the burning process, it says it’s writing at 10.15x (1787kB/s). I’ve also tried with 1x, same result.

The burner is a HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4084N slim drive, media is verbatim 52x super azo cd-r.

I’ve checked for firmware updates and found only region-spesific ones… doesn’t seem to be any that affects the speed (please prove me wrong).

Anyone know what the problem might be? It’s driving me insane :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=tor85;2095030]Hey guys

I’m trying to burn a psx image with CloneCD at 4x. I’ve made sure that the write speed in psx libcrypt settings is set to 4x, as well as the write speed option in the window where you choose between profiles.
During the burning process, it says it’s writing at 10.15x (1787kB/s). I’ve also tried with 1x, same result.

The burner is a HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4084N slim drive, media is verbatim 52x super azo cd-r.

I’ve checked for firmware updates and found only region-spesific ones… doesn’t seem to be any that affects the speed (please prove me wrong).

Anyone know what the problem might be? It’s driving me insane :p[/QUOTE]

Unfortunaly we can’t help with psx image format only if you own the media can we help you on that one. If you going to play backup psx games you will need MOD chipped system for that gameplay.

[QUOTE=tor85;2095030]I’m trying to burn a psx image with CloneCD at 4x. I’ve made sure that the write speed in psx libcrypt settings is set to 4x, as well as the write speed option in the window where you choose between profiles. During the burning process, it says it’s writing at 10.15x (1787kB/s). I’ve also tried with 1x, same result.[/QUOTE]
Is your burner capable of burning at only 4x? Many modern burners won’t burn a cdr at slower than 8x or even 10x.

The images are backups, I own the originals. And yes, my ps2 is chipped :slight_smile:

All I know is that it’s capable of burning speeds up to 24x for cd-r.
The ps2 seems to be kinda picky about psx backups, and being able to burn slower than the mentioned 10.15x could (possibly) lead to better results.

[QUOTE=tor85;2095361]The images are backups, I own the originals. And yes, my ps2 is chipped :slight_smile:

All I know is that it’s capable of burning speeds up to 24x for cd-r.
The ps2 seems to be kinda picky about psx backups, and being able to burn slower than the mentioned 10.15x could (possibly) lead to better results.[/QUOTE]

Is the problem limited to this image or other images of you psx backups??? Have you check the burner manufacture site to see if they have any problem with that particular drive?? What clonecd profile are you using to burn the images??? Have you tried to see if the psx backups will play?

You certainly won’t be able to force a drive to write any slower than it offers. It will write at the lowest speed it supports. Writing at such slow speeds is bad for media made for high-speed recording, anyway. :flower: