CloneCD Settings for SafeDisc 2

Hey guys,

can anyone tell me the correct CloneCD settings for SafeDisc 2? Sorry, if this is a newbie question. And sorry for my bad English. :wink:

I want to backup Max Payne with my 24x Plextor (Firmware: 1.02).

Cya, NTH

GO TO http://people.freenet.de/bxxxxj/ AND DOWNLOAD CLONY XL . IT WILL ANSWER ALL YOUR QUESTIONS.

I like ClonyXL & I also like the CloneCD DB Mod’s Stargate but the problem is that protections on the one title may differ in parts of the globe and scanners can be unreliable but they are good for starters - do not assume that they provide all the answers.

Some of the settings thrown over to Clone not infrequently turn out to be wrong and the arguments for ‘subs this & subs that’ perpetuate, and become ‘law’, when it’s really about finding the right size spanner for the nut.

Frequent these sites GCW & CloneCD Data bank to start getting some ‘balls in the air’ (like a juggler) to learn a few titles that you may or may not have.

The settings are easy, once you know the protection. Use the Load buttons in the read & write windows to use the saved settings e.g. “ProtectCD.ccp” is a the default for a protected CD - try it first if you are unsure! Save your own successful settings using the Save button and let us know :cool:

I know ClonyXL but this tool isn’t developed any further. (What a pity!)

So, again: What are the correct settings for the following options in CloneCD to backup SafeDisc 2?

Reading:

• Read Speed: Max?
  • Read SubChannel Data from Data Tracks: Off?
  • Read SubChannel Data from Audio Tracks: Off?
  • Fast Error Skip: On?
  • Intelligent Bad Sector Scanner: Off?
  • Sector Skip: None?
  • Read Retries: 0?
  • Error Correction: Hardware?

Writing:

• Write Speed: Max?
  • Write Mode: RAW DAO?
  • Burn Proof / Just Link: On?
  • Perform Laser Power Calibration: Off?
  • Amplify Weak Sectors: On?
  • Don’t Repair SubChannel Data: Off?
  • Always Close Last Session: On?

Cya, NTH

Nice writer, firmware 1.02 - good

Read: Fast Error Skip with settings of Hardware & zero
Write: all off (except just link/burn proof & close last session

Both at max will work. The Plex 24x Rev 1.02 is good with any media you care to feed it.

In summary, SD2 is just FES (EC defaults)
IBSS is for LaserLock (up tp 1000 is OK)
data subs are for SecuROM, Protect-CD, CD-Cops & CD Checks
both subs are for CD-DA & PSX
“Don’t repair…” on write is for PSX

You can count these on one hand people :cool:

Big thanks. I’ll try it out. Stay tuned.

One more question:

Why shall I set “Error Correction” to “Hardware” and not “Software”? Is the Plextor better than CloneCD in doing this job?

Originally posted by NeoTheHacker
[B]One more question:

Why shall I set “Error Correction” to “Hardware” and not “Software”? Is the Plextor better than CloneCD in doing this job? [/B]
Basically yes. When you set the FES to software the Plextor might pick up errors that aren’t there. The FES hardware setting doesn’t have this problem.

Originally posted by DUPLICATOR
GO TO http://people.freenet.de/bxxxxj/ AND DOWNLOAD CLONY XL . IT WILL ANSWER ALL YOUR QUESTIONS.

A much simpler approach is to use the “ProtCD” profile, which you might guess it, was designed for “Copy protected CDs”.

[B]One more question:

Why shall I set “Error Correction” to “Hardware” and not “Software”? Is the Plextor better than CloneCD in doing this job? [/B]

Leave this setting at the “default” setting, which is pretty clever thought out.

G@M3FR3@K says “Hardware”, Olli says “Software”…

confused

I took “Hardware”. Reading took me almost half an hour (I think the drive doesn’t get back to Max Speed). Let’s see, if it’ll work…

[B]G@M3FR3@K says “Hardware”, Olli says “Software”…

confused

I took “Hardware”. Reading took me almost half an hour (I think the drive doesn’t get back to Max Speed). Let’s see, if it’ll work… [/B]
Heheh confusing I know. But look at this thread. The Plextor screwed up with FES-software and made a good copy with FES-hardware. So therefore I said use hardware (error retries: 0).

Copy works great! Mission accomplished.

thank you for the information. i have had no problems at all with clony but was leery about using built in prot. settings. but heh if you say they work thats all i need
before the new settings in the latest clone cd it was the best. thank you for not giving in to the “pressure”.

try these settings
Read:
Speed 4X
FES on
FES settings:
read retries 3
error correction software

Write
Speed Max
AWS on
dont repair… on
close last session on

copied perfect sacrifice and startopia

Originally posted by oaky_88
dont repair… on
Again, this isn’t needed for SafeDisc 2. Just FES and AWS (for the Yammie).