Clonecd Security Alert!

vbimport

Hi there,

I wish to share an IMPORTANT security issue!
Today, May 4, at 19:01 (GMT+2), I was downloading Clone CD 4.0.0.1 from ftp.elby.ch
At 15% download, my firewall (Norton Personal Firewall) popped out and warned my of an Internet attack. When checking, I found that the attack ("Shiva Burka Trojan Horse") came from... guess what: ftp.elby.ch (213.130.59.30)!!! :eek:

So a good warning to all those downloading from ftp.elby.ch, please be SURE you have your firewall activated.
Best wishes.

WOW … I just DL CCD4 Final ( 4.0.0.1 ) from there … there was something strange going on when I DL it, but that have noting with a Trojan … I had some problems that the FTP keept cloesing my DL … it took me 30mins to get that setupfile … strange :rolleyes:

No problems here downloading… no complaints from Atguard or McAfee!

:slight_smile:

Eh, well, my Security settings are up to date and I’ve sent them an e-mail with the problem. Hope thay fix the error (if it was just an erroneous data transfer).

I’ll keep you informed in case of a reply from them.

The firewall and it went alot faster…

Originally posted by war4peace
[B]Hi there,

I wish to share an IMPORTANT security issue!
Today, May 4, at 19:01 (GMT+2), I was downloading Clone CD 4.0.0.1 from ftp.elby.ch
At 15% download, my firewall (Norton Personal Firewall) popped out and warned my of an Internet attack. When checking, I found that the attack (“Shiva Burka Trojan Horse”) came from… guess what: ftp.elby.ch (213.130.59.30)!!! :eek:

So a good warning to all those downloading from ftp.elby.ch, please be SURE you have your firewall activated.
Best wishes. [/B]

Very strange…I downloaded CloneCD too…but I had no troubles with my Norton Personal Firewall…and I got the highest secure settings…and all updates…

So it’s very strange…

Greetzzz,

Sauron

Well, not so strange afterall. I know NPF is very sensitive but it gave a specific report of the attack. Shiva Burka Trojan Horse… :eek:
And it’s not necessary that the security alarm should be triggered during EVERY download because the trojan horse should not be ALWAYS sent.
Anyway, at a secont attempt the d/load went fine, no warnings.
I still got no reply from CloneCD site (except for the automated “thank you, we’ll contact you as soon as possible” message).

Originally posted by war4peace
Well, not so strange afterall. I know NPF is very sensitive but it gave a specific report of the attack. Shiva Burka Trojan Horse… :eek:
And it’s not necessary that the security alarm should be triggered during EVERY download because the trojan horse should not be ALWAYS sent.
Anyway, at a secont attempt the d/load went fine, no warnings.
I still got no reply from CloneCD site (except for the automated “thank you, we’ll contact you as soon as possible” message).

To make a long story short:
Elby.ch is not sending trojan horses around. Don’t know what triggered your alarm.

OK, I’ve got the reply from CloneCD Site, thank you. There is the possibility of a false alarm. Thank you for your answers.

Best Regards.