CloneCD regarding 2 diff lite-on drives

Hi everyone, I decided to upgrade and from my daily readings here on the posts I decided to go with a Lite-On Drive. However, I stumbled onto 2 diff drive model #'s and don’t know the difference. Can anyone help? One is an LTR-52246S that I found on this website: http://www.store.yahoo.com/pclink/lit52cd.html and the other is model LTR-5224 that I found on this website: http://www.digitaletc.com/item/8620/CJ/?AID=10276791&PID=750422

If there is no diff aside price then I guess it doesnt matter which one I get. The reason I posted this here on the CloneCD thread is that I wanted to make sure the drive of my choice has no compatibility issues with clonecd as it is my primary burning software tool. And based on that I hope that the difference in model #'s doesnt have any impact on this. Anyone that knows… any response is greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

they are the same.
and also that’s a great burner. I just baught my friend one.
I am using a Lite-On 48x :smiley:

then why the diff model #. What do they mean. Should I just save a few bucks and buy the cheaper one?

You’re looking at the wrong places to purchase CDRWs. The official model number is 52246S. Newegg.com has the retail version for $56 shipped, 2 day FedEx.

Check ResellerRatings.com before you make a purchase. PCLink2000 has horrible ratings, given it only has 7 customer ratings. The other one you can pretty much skip because of its MSRP prices.

Can this drive write to the new 99min cdr’s? Does anyone know ir have any experience in this?

anyone?? on the 99min cdr question???

All Lite-Ons can write to 99 minutes.

Do a search to confirm it.

–Ari

Originally posted by xtacydima

Can this drive write to the new 99min cdr’s? Does anyone know ir have any experience in this?

52x 24x 52x CD-RW Drive¡@¡@¡@¡@LTR - 52246S

Features :

*Half-Height Internal Design, Fastest CD-RW Drive in the world !

*Innovated SMART-BURN technology to automatically check media quality
and set limit to burning speed to ensure successful writing sessions & data retainability ( *1 )

*Buffer underrun error free & automatically adjust writing strategy
plus running OPC to meet various burning condition

*SMART-X supporting high-speed DAE & VCD extraction for copying and
automatically decreasing speed to provide smooth & noise-free playback for CD Audio / VCD titles ( *2 )

*VAS® ( Vibration Absorber System ) to reduce vibration & noise during recording & reading

*Support Fixed Packet, Variable Packet, TAO, SAO, DAO, Raw Mode Burning & Over-Burn

• Support format of CD Family, CD-R & CD-RW media ( up to 99 mins )

*Conforms to Orange Book Part 2,3, Volume 3 : Ultra Speed & MMC2 commands

*Support Mt.Rainier

*Plug&Play Device with Emergency Manual Eject function

*E-IDE Interface, support up to Ultra-DMA mode 2

*Use FlashROM supports internet firmware upgrade