CloneCD Problems

vbimport

I’m trying to check this program out as a trial version so that I can see if I can even use it. I have a SONY DRU-500A and when I try to write from image it says “writer not compatable”. Then I close out and try to get back in and then it says that the image.sub does not match image.img.

Thanks for the help.

My setup is:

ABIT NF-7S motherboard
AMD Athlon XP 2500+ processor
SONY DRU500A writer

See if you can make the image again.

I’ve been trying to do this all evening and I don’t have a clue what the deal is. I just can’t believe this program won’t read my burner. Does anyone else not use the DRU500A or something? I rescan the image and I keep getting the image.sub does not match the image.img error. The manual doesn’t even have a list of compatible burners. I can’t get any technical assistance till I have a registration key. My problem is I don’t want to pay for something that won’t read my burner.

>I rescan the image and I keep getting the image.sub does not match the image.img error.

Re-scan with what? Note: If image.sub doesn’t match image.img then your image is bad. Make a fresh image of your original cd.

Originally posted by philamber
>I rescan the image and I keep getting the image.sub does not match the image.img error.

Re-scan with what? Note: If image.sub doesn’t match image.img then your image is bad. Make a fresh image of your original cd.

EXACTLY what I meant.

Okay I’m new so this is what I’m trying to do.

Downloaded the ANYDVD software trial version.
Tried to use another piece of software from Sonic! to make a dupe of a CD.

The CD turned out kind of choppy and then froze in the middle and I couldn’t even turn my DVD player off.

So decided to download CLONECD to see how it worked and so I did that.

Then I wrote to image on my harddrive which it stored in a temp directory on my PC.

Then I tried to write image file to disk and the error “Cannot Detect Writer” came up.

So then I tried to start the program again and I keep getting an “image.iso does not match the image.img file”

I’ve tried to rescan the original CD three times and I kept getting the same thing.

The CD is about as good as I am going to get. There aren’t many scratches at all. It’s clean.

Please help. I don’t want to waste 180 on a burner so that I can do nothing with it.

Nevermind I am a complete idiot. I was trying to make a copy of a DVD with CLONECD and not CLONE DVD Dohhhhhhhhhhh!