CloneCd problem (locking up)

vbimport

Every time I go to back-up a cd, clonecd locks up a little over 5 minutes into the burn. It still reads 0% complete. CloneCd reads the image just fine, just won't burn. I will admit I am a CloneCd newbie, but do have some knowledge in computers. Any help will be appreciated. (does this with copy-protected and cd's without any protection)

thanks
niloc

AMD 1 gig
memorex cdrw 2216
160m ram
80 gig hard drive
abit kt7a raid motherboard

Have you read the Sticky Posts pinned to the top of this Forum?

Originally posted by niloc
[B]Every time I go to back-up a cd, clonecd locks up a little over 5 minutes into the burn. It still reads 0% complete. CloneCd reads the image just fine, just won’t burn. I will admit I am a CloneCd newbie, but do have some knowledge in computers. Any help will be appreciated. (does this with copy-protected and cd’s without any protection)

thanks
niloc

AMD 1 gig
memorex cdrw 2216
160m ram
80 gig hard drive
abit kt7a raid motherboard [/B]

Unfortunately you forgot to tell, what CloneCD Version you use…

More information would be helpful…
the title you are trying to backup, what reader/writer are you using…what settings are you using…the media being used

how is the reader/writer setup …on which ide controller , iare they master/slave…what 4n1 drivers are you using…

are you burning on the fly??

It locked up using both CloneCD 3.3.4.1 and 4 v14. I have my toshiba 32x cd-rom set up as master and my memorex cdrw 2x set up as the slave. It doesn’t matter what title I try to burn, I have tried to copy everything from heroes 4 to master of orion. (if you don’t know MofO, trust me it doesn’t have any protection and probably can be found on floppy’s)

Hope this helps,

Niloc

Originally posted by niloc
[B]It locked up using both CloneCD 3.3.4.1 and 4 v14. I have my toshiba 32x cd-rom set up as master and my memorex cdrw 2x set up as the slave. It doesn’t matter what title I try to burn, I have tried to copy everything from heroes 4 to master of orion. (if you don’t know MofO, trust me it doesn’t have any protection and probably can be found on floppy’s)

Hope this helps,

Niloc [/B]

I think I know the problem. Your writer (AFAIK made by YAMAHA) tells CloneCD, that it can write RAW-DAO, but as soon as CloneCD tries this, the writer firmware crashes as RAW-DAO isn’t implemented.

Solution: Set the write mode to SAO-RAW (in CloneCD4, right click the writer to see the setting)

hi i have same prob
win 98 ccd 4 and also earlier ver.before i installed 4 it worked fine after some time it did 0% reading data from cd to make image.hp 8200 e writer sond cdu reader.thx