CloneCD-pirate selling it over Ebay

Hey there…

I recently purchased CloneCD over ebay and was quite shocked when I received the package…I think the guy I bought it from is just burning copies of it.

First off, the CD he sent me wouldnt load in my CD-ROM drive…I had to do it in my burner, and 2nd, the top of the cd was clearly pasted with a label containing the black back ground and sheep logo of CloneCD. It was clearly low quality; it had been printed out of a low-grade deskjet printer. Surely this is just some dude making money off another company’s hard work?

Is there any way I can alert the company about this? Will Elaborate Bytes (makers of CloneCD) investigate cases such as this? Surely they care? I want that bastard to pay!

I mean, I support the right of us to be able to make back-ups of our games, but going so low as turning around and SELLING them for major profit is a load of crap.

Your input/suggestions would be appreciated.

You can visit CloneCD at www.elby.de
There they have a link to where you can send you e-mail.

This is one of the reasons I don’t buy stuff through auction sites…you never know if it is legal or not…

Rather pay more for my own peace of mind…but that is just me I suppose :wink:

ps you should mail ebay about this too, perhaps they can take further action too

I would definitely tell Olli about this because he and his company(Elaborate Bytes)put a lot of blood sweat and tears into this software. And also would notify Ebay about it also. So apparently you didnt get an actual orignal cd from Olli??

And the same guy(s) is selling Roxio…ehh??

Advice from my lawyer mate is that the victim (lukaspriest) has to dob the perp in to ebay. Nothing can be done by Oli or anyone else at this stage.

So make your complaint as soon as possible. ebay will suspend the perp & (should) notify that Country’s authorised distributor or the author direct.

If you have the address of the bastard that sold you that junk, I’d probably show up at his front door with a sawed-off shotgun and say some cold stuff like "Your parents are dead in their home as well as several other relatives…because of the junk you sold me. " Then act like you are going to leave, but then aim the gun at him and say “You didn’t think I was going to let YOU live too, right? Because I’m not.” BLAM! That’s just my opinion.

BadASCII

How can I contact this gentleman?

Originally posted by lukaspriest
How can I contact this gentleman?

www.elby.de

There you can find his e-mail address I think.

clear something up for me people
what exactly is the difference of paying for clonecd
or downloading it and using a pirated serial number??
both seem fully functional but if this board doesnt support piracy then im wrong

Originally posted by plexman
clear something up for me people
what exactly is the difference of paying for clonecd
or downloading it and using a pirated serial number??
both seem fully functional but if this board doesnt support piracy then im wrong

You said it in your last sentence, this forum does not support piracy (which is clearly stated in our rules)

Using a pirated serial means you do not support the software development, means you don’t have the right to support, it does mean you are breaking the law.

got it, didnt read the rules and
i was misled by the outlinings of your game forum
“dc copying”
which is obviously piracy
cheers

“dc copying”
which is obviously piracy

Copying may not be the politically correct term, backing up would be better I suppose.

But whether it is allowed to make a backup for personal use is still in debate…not necessarily illegal

yeah backing up “gd-roms”, wait a minute, dc games on cdr’s??
damn i didnt know dc games come on cd’s
:wink:
just messing with ya guys
but if u guys do need help with console stuff
im the man to ask

but if u guys do need help with console stuff
im the man to ask

For that we have our special forum:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=8

That forum is without a moderator still…so I’d suggest you prove your statement above and who knows… :wink: