Clonecd + Lite0n+ SD v2.60.052 = Success

vbimport

ein
Imp

Group: New Members
Posted: 01 April 2002,01:20

Safedisk v2.60.052 does really exists... but probably not in US yet. A new japanese game I got released on 3/29 used it.

Someone successfully ripped it with TOSHIBA SD-M1612 and only fast-error skip on.

Daemontool was able to mount it but unable to pass the CD check during game play. (even with the name change). It's ok with CloneCD's hide cdr media feature or with another software called FantomCD...

Interesting… what’s new on this version?

:slight_smile:

Maybe another 50% less SD2 killer burners :eek:

Ya sure!! And this on 1 april…

Are you sure this is no aprilfool?

Greetzzzz,

Sauron

damn… I thought April’s foolsday did not exist any more…

:o

will have to keep a look out for that new version…just copied Global Operations (2.40.010) and Desert Seige (2.51.021) with ease with my “lucky” plex 24x

How do you check what version of SD a game uses?

Oh and nice Aprils fools :slight_smile:

There is a program called ‘Safedisc analyzer’. Don’t know where to find it… use the search in this forum or use Google.

:slight_smile:

Look here

Look at cdmediaworld.com

Greetzzz,

Sauron

hey wakemonkeypimp, the copies you made in your plex are they readable in other cd readers? What settings did you use? I was unable to backup ccRenegade in my Plex24 SD2.51 so I’d be interested in knowing how you did this.

Ta,

the games work in an Afreey 56x cdrom and a Lg 24x cdrom too…i used the latest Blindwrite to copy the games…with my experience with burning Blindwrite has a little edge over clonecd; however, that is my opinion…

plex 24x firmware 1.03 “latest”

blindwrite “latest v1.2.5”

blindread settings:

use Plex 24x as reader!!
Alternative Read Mode “unchecked” or “checked” try them both
Extract Subcodes “unchecked”
Extraction Method “nibble”
Adapt Speed “checked”
Minimum “Max”
Maximum “Max”

blindwrite settings:

Writing Mode “DAO PW subs”
Speed “Max”
Enhance W.S. “unchecked”
Eject when finished “checked”
Test Mode “unchecked”

now for the clonecd settings

read with plex 24x

read “max”
LEAVE ALL THE BOXES UNCHECKED!!!

write “max”
write mode “RAW DAO”
Buffer Underrun “checked”
Laser Calibration “checked”
A.W.S “unchecked”
Don’t Repair Sub “checked”
Close Last Session “checked”

there you go hopefully it works out for ya!!!

@ wakemonkeypimp

What is the point at enabling “Don’t Repair Sub” when writing Safedisc 2 protected CDs with CloneCD (Safedisc 2 is just a bunch of read errors)?

Can somebody give us a list of which writers can burn SD2.6 CDs?

true SD2 is error base and not sub channel data…will have to try it “unchecked” when i get another game that uses safedisc 2!!!

I can tell you that the "Commandos 2 "is a SD2 protection,but not a SD2.51.

So far I’ve not seen any game protected by SD2.6,Have you?

Originally posted by xmansean
Can somebody give us a list of which writers can burn SD2.6 CDs?

why would u think it would be different from the writers that can burn 2.51 eg: liteon’s etc. [ones that write emf patterns perfectly]

Originally posted by shuebhussain
[B]

why would u think it would be different from the writers that can burn 2.51 eg: liteon’s etc. [ones that write emf patterns perfectly] [/B]

You mean all writers that support sd2.5 support sd2.6 also?
Can LiteOn?

That SaveDisc 2.6 was just a april fool!! wasn’t it?

But in the future there probably will become a new SaveDisc version…and which writer is compatible with it…is only testable when there is a SaveDisc 2.6 or whatever protected cd-rom…

But if you look at the Lite-On results you can probable say that the Lite-On burners have a great change to burn a possible new SaveDisc version…

Greetzzz,

Sauron

I grabbed a copy of The Italian Job from a Local game shop a few blocks from my house.
I scanned it to see if it had any protection this showed up it has
SD v2.60.052 . First European game with SD 2.6.

I then opened Clonecd 4 Beta 21 and ripped it with my lite-on 24x and the burned it WITHOUT amplifiying weak sectors.

It loaded just as good as the original in my Lite-0n LTD-163.

So good job on the CloneCD Ollie :slight_smile: