CloneCD - James, Please Read!

vbimport

Good Afternoon James,
In a previous post I made a few days ago I outlined a problem I was having with CloneCD freezing during the burning phase approximately 48% through the burning process.

I have tried many different fixes to try and eliminate the problem. I was using CloneCD version 5302. I thought I would try and work my way back through the versions to see if perhaps this would fix the freezing problem. I completely uninstalled version 5302 and installed 5301. Same freezing problem, the burning process would freeze in the same place. I next tried version 5300, no luck - same problem.

When I installed version 5291 the freezing problem went away. I can now copy any of my titles (I only did six of them so far) completely using CloneCD version 5291. James, I changed nothing else but the version of CloneCD.

One has to conclude that what ever changes you made in versions 5300, 5301 and 5302 created the freezing problem FOR ME. I don’t know if others are having the same problem I was having but my system doesn’t like the 5300 series.

I hpoe this information can be of some use to you or others who are having problems similar to mine.

Thank you for your wonderful products!

Bigbadj

FYI this is CloneDVD forum …

FYI I know that…The previous thread defining the problem was in this forum. Consequently, I believed a solution to the problem should also be in this forum.

Bigbadj -

If you have a problem with the CloneCD software program wouldn’t it be logical to post your request for assistance with the CloneCD software program in the appropriate CloneCD Forum?

It should be noted that your original posting concerning your problem with CloneCD was posted in the AnyDVD Forum and not the CloneDVD Forum.

To prevent confusion and enhance the probability of solving your CloneCD your posting should be posted in the appropriate CloneCD Forum.

I have contacted the Forum Moderator suggesting that this posting be moved to the appropriate CloneCD Forum.

BeLooken

Thread moved to CloneCD Forum, Please post in the appropriate forums.:cop:

@ bigbadj,

Your Burning Freezing problem is not a unique problem. If you research the CD Freaks Forum you will note numerous Forum postings concerning this topic. Your problem is most likely caused by the use of poor quality blank Media and/or old out of date obsolete DVD Burner Firmware or a combination of both.

It has been explained in previous postings by SlySoft Technical Staff that CloneCD/CloneDVD uses a unique “Burn Engine” that relies heavily on Media/DVD Burner Firmware querying. This requires that the DVD Burner needs to have the newest most current up to date Firmware available installed and the use of quality blank Media. If the DVD Burner Firmware does not contain the MID (Manufacture ID and Media Code) for the particular Media you are using will cause the Burning Freezing problem you are experiencing. Also the use of poor quality Media will also cause the Burning Freezing problem.

Just because Burned Media appears to function properly is NOT a true indicator of the quality of the Burned Media. The true test is use a diagnostic utility software program similar to Nero CD-DVD Speed (http://www.cdspeed2000.com/files/NeroCDSpeed_4700.zip) and perform a Scan Disc and Disc Quality scan on your Burned Media. To obtain information on how to perform these diagnostics test on your Burned Media refer to the CD-DVD Speed User Guide (http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=192563).

Suggest acquiring known proven quality Media that produces error free results (Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden) and ensure that your DVD Burner has the newest most current up to date Firmware available installed.

To obtain information on proven known quality Media suggest visiting the CD Freaks Blank Media Forum (http://club.cdfreaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33).

Best Regards,
bjkg