CloneCD Issues

I downloaded the trial version of CloneCD yesterday and i must say i was initially suprised at how good it was, and was considering purhasing the licence for it as its a program that i think i would use quite a lot.

But now it seems to do nothing other than burn me frisbees. I wanted to copy 10 data CDs, and i got 9 of them done before having to use another half a dozen to try and get the tenth, which i still haven’t managed to do.

Even when i do a test write on the CDR and it comes back as successful, it then goes on to kill the disc when i try and burn it for real.

And when a burn does fail, CloneCD locks up my PC which forces me to hit the Reset button on my machine.

I’ve de-fragged my HD and disabled all my virus/firewall software, even uninstalled Nero, EasyCDCreator, etc., but yet it still refuses to work properly.

Anyone any ideas?

You are right the clone cd of slysoft is crap.
Slysoft does not respond at e-mails.

I have installed clone cd 4.2.0.2 again at my pc.

Futher i wonder how long your post stands here, cd freaks puts al “negative” posts of clone cd at one post, and acuse you that you use a russian key gen.

Arrgh! Now it doesn’t even to read my discs… :frowning:

Originally posted by pdexie
[B]You are right the clone cd of slysoft is crap.
Slysoft does not respond at e-mails.

I have installed clone cd 4.2.0.2 again at my pc.

Futher i wonder how long your post stands here, cd freaks puts al “negative” posts of clone cd at one post, and acuse you that you use a russian key gen. [/B]

Maybe it is just the latest version that i am having problems. Is there a particular older version that is better?

CloneCD 4.2.0.2.exe

Thanks, i’ll give that one a go. Was about to just uninstall it and go back to Nero as its really starting to annoy me.

Ok, i just installed that and am having the same problem. Its even turned my D:\ CD drive into a farm animal and created another as an E:\ drive…:rolleyes:

Originally posted by PacMan160778

Its even turned my D:\ CD drive into a farm animal and created another as an E:\ drive…:rolleyes:
It’s because of the Virtual Clone Drive.

You can try disabling it in Device Manager as follows and see what happens :

Ok, i’ll give it a go, thanks.

I’ve been trying to work out why this is happening now when the first 9 copies were alright, and the only thing i can see is that when my system locks up and i press Ctrl-Alt-Del to bring up the Close Program box, it shows that DirectCD is not responding. Is it possible that there is some conflict between the software and thats why CloneCd isn’t working for me?

Originally posted by PacMan160778

Is it possible that there is some conflict between the software and thats why CloneCd isn’t working for me?
Yes, DirectCD is known for causing SW conflicts.

Really? I don’t even know what DirectCD is to be honest, i’m guessing its been installed as part of Nero or something. I’ll try to get rid of it and see if that helps. :slight_smile:

Originally posted by PacMan160778

Really? I don’t even know what DirectCD is to be honest, i’m guessing its been installed as part of Nero or something.
You may find the discussion in the [COLOR=blue] InCD/DirectCD - warning thread rather useful then. [/COLOR]

@pdexie

Until now they responded to all my mails.

@pacman

Now that you know what causes the problem “DirectCD…load of crap” would fit better. Next time you should first ask about your problem before you blame a software.:stuck_out_tongue:

DirectCD is a part of WinOnCD or EasyCDCreator.

I had actually already found that thread when i was searching the forum.

Anyhow, i got rid of DirectCD, looks like it was part of EasyCD Creator. But theres no change in my problem, when i go to do a burn from a CloneCD image file then the software just stops at 0% and eventually hangs my PC forcing me to reset.

HELP!:bow:

Originally posted by Schnauze
[B]
@pacman

Now that you know what causes the problem “DirectCD…load of crap” would fit better. Next time you should first ask about your problem before you blame a software.:stuck_out_tongue:
[/B]

I appreciate what you are saying but getting rid of DirectCd hasn’t helped the problem.

And besides, i made a post in the Newbies section yesterday and no-one helped me…:confused:

Have you contacted Slysoft?

If you send them enough information about your system and the CD you are trying to copy, I’m sure they will try to solve it.

What OS do you use? Have you used msconfig to see what drivers are started with your windows? That would be helpful.

No i haven’t contacted Slysoft, i guess i would be wasting my time anyow since i have not purchased the licence as yet. Haven’t checked drivers either, as i’m not really that technically minded… i just want to burn some CDs!

I tried it with another CD and its doing the same thing… hanging at 0%, which i cannot uderstand as i have burnt quite a few successfully before…:frowning:

try giving us some system info as XP also has it’s own coping pro which is said to cause problems.

See if nerocheck.exe is running on startup. It deletes some elby virtual device drivers and if elbycheck.exe is not running then CCD will not work.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Schnauze
[B]@pdexie

Until now they responded to all my mails.

I don’t understand why they don’t react to me.
I have send my share it details also to them.

But i give it a try again and mail them again.