Clonecd is it worth it?

vbimport

I would rather have a cd copy without needing further software support at all.

I have an image i need to burn with Securerom New 4/5 profile. Just need to install clonecd any version (latest would be nice). I don’t want to install xyz, just for the copy to rely on it, to run.

Q1. Can i burn clonecd burn Securerom NEW 4/5 and works afterwards.

Q2. Can clonecd use other profiles inc newer ones succesfully now.

Q3. Which clonecd version is the best for this.

Q4. Forget where rar or zip pack of profiles can be downloaded. Anyone supply me these is location. PM me if cannot write it in a post.

[quote=robbi;2066716]I would rather have a cd copy without needing further software support at all.

I have an image i need to burn with Securerom New 4/5 profile. Just need to install clonecd any version (latest would be nice). I don’t want to install xyz, just for the copy to rely on it, to run.

Q1. Can i burn clonecd burn Securerom NEW 4/5 and works afterwards.

Q2. Can clonecd use other profiles inc newer ones succesfully now.

Q3. Which clonecd version is the best for this.

Q4. Forget where rar or zip pack of profiles can be downloaded. Anyone supply me these is location. PM me if cannot write it in a post.[/quote]
If you are asking for a location to download CloneCD, you can do that at the Slysoft site. If you are asking for something else please explain furthur. CloneCd is worth every dime.

Alan just need answers to my my questions above, thanks. :wink:

What’s the format of the image files (.mdf, .mds, .bwt, .bws, .bwa, .b6t , .b5t , .ccd, .sub, .iso, etc…), title of the game/software, what’s the exact securom version?

Q1: No
Q2: In this case profiles won’t help as Securom 4/5 is used
Q3: see Q1 and Q2
Q4: You can find some profiles in our clonecd forum :wink:

p.s. clonecd is hasn’t been updated for quite some time in terms of defeating todays copy protection systems used on cds and dvds. Go for alcohol or dtools pro and take a look at gamejackal although it’s not able backing up major protections like starforce, tages.

Ok i’ll give it a miss, not interested in the slightest, if a cd has to rely, on extra software to run a disc, this to me is pointless. As an original disc is a stand-alone i also expect the copy to be the same. I’ll wait until some clever brain makes it work corectly, clever as the persons that designed these protections.

Re: Clonecd i did hear long ago it was all over. Though on slysoft site i see newer version that now does cd and dvd, just thought it was alive again. So as you say clonecd in any version is dead now, means clonecd isn’t worth it today.

[QUOTE=robbi;2067140]Ok i’ll give it a miss, not interested in the slightest, if a cd has to rely, on extra software to run a disc, this to me is pointless. As an original disc is a stand-alone i also expect the copy to be the same. I’ll wait until some clever brain makes it work corectly, clever as the persons that designed these protections.

Re: Clonecd i did hear long ago it was all over. Though on slysoft site i see newer version that now does cd and dvd, just thought it was alive again. So as you say clonecd in any version is dead now, means clonecd isn’t worth it today.[/QUOTE]

Odd, I used it since it came out and it was never dead to me?? Worth that is varied as the people on cdfreaks are. It get best used with Anydvd together.

@ coolcolors

It’s out of date in terms of defeating todays copy protections as I mentioned above. It’s still a good burning application but it can’t ‘clone cds (dvds)’ like it did in the past. In combination with anydvd it’s a different thing because you’re copying dvd movies where anydvd removes the protection.

@robbi

Take a look at this thread. Especially at post 2 you can see different backup methods without using emulation for securom 4.8+ protected cds.

hmm…well then forgot to mention in that post that it does work well with dvd backup but not game backup. Most games are to hard protected to work as backup. I should know I have NWN2 and would like to make a backup of the game so the original would be safe from damage. CloneCD if I remember correct does have a profile to do game cd but with the newer and newer protections on game cd/dvd ruins the fun of just playing the game. SecuRom is a pain for me when it requires the NWN2 game media to be constantly in the drive something of which is why there is a HDD to install and play the game.

Thanks Kalas i’ll work through those links, looks just what i need.

Clonecd in all fairness has been improving the product, not just fast enough for most avid cd decyptions. Nothing about Securom 4/5 I admit. But it is still a viable product, just not for your purposes I guess.

First copying software that uses RAW-Mode
Creates working 1:1 copies onto CD-Rs and CD-RWs
Amplifies weak sectors with selected CD writers
Emulates weak sectors with all CD writers
Works with CD-ROMs, CD-Rs and CD-RWs
Writes Audio CDs that conform to Redbook standard
Tray-icon allows control over functional usage of inserted media
Copies from CD/DVD drives, hard-drive or virtual drives
Intuitive user-interface, making it easy for novices
Rich selection of preset options via default profiles
Advanced options for expert users
Stable, fast and does not require an ASPI driver
Professional technical support and customer care
[B]New:[/B] Copies DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD+R Dual Layer and DVD-RAM
[B]New:[/B] Supports DVD split file image formats - this format works with FAT32 partitions and is compatible with VirtualCloneDrive
[B]New:[/B] Supports ISO and UDF formats created by other applications (e.g., Nero, DVD2One, DVDShrink or CloneDVD)
[B]New:[/B] Copies SafeDisc 3 protected CDs/DVDs
[B]New:[/B] Emulates SafeDisc 3 weak sectors

[quote=robbi;2067140]Ok i’ll give it a miss, not interested in the slightest, if a cd has to rely, on extra software to run a disc, this to me is pointless. [B]As an original disc is a stand-alone i also expect the copy to be the same.[/B] I’ll wait until some clever brain makes it work corectly, clever as the persons that designed these protections.

Re: Clonecd i did hear long ago it was all over. Though on slysoft site i see newer version that now does cd and dvd, just thought it was alive again. So as you say clonecd in any version is dead now, means clonecd isn’t worth it today.[/quote]

Ultimately, there is no such thing as a 1:1 true copy anymore, hence why copy software along doesn’t cut it, emulation or secondary software is required to have backups run properly (or at all) as a result.