CloneCD hangs using LG WH14NS40

vbimport

Operating system is Win 7 pro 64 bit. CloneCD version is 5.3.40 and also running AnyDVD 8.0.4.3 beta. I don’t copy CDs much anymore, but when I tried the other day using my LG Blu-ray DVD/CD burner, CloneCD hung and never started to read to file. It also hung on “filling buffers” if i tried to copy a cd on the fly. On this desktop system, I also have an Asus DRW-24B1ST. Both drives are recognized by CloneCD. The Asus works just fine and will read an image to file. The LG Blu-ray hangs every time. The LG BD drive works just fine with other programs such as Fairstars CD ripper and will read, play and write to CDRs just fine. I also have Nero2014 Burning ROM installed, but not the whole suite with InCD. The LG drive and/or cables can’t be bad or it wouldn’t work fine with other burning programs. It also hung with Imgburn if that helps. I uninstalled Imgburn, but it still hangs with CloneCD. I can use the Asus for m y copying purposes so not a huge deal. Was just curious why one drive would hang and be unusable with programs like CloneCD, but another drive works just fine which would seem to eliminate any drive conflicts as well. Any ideas?

[QUOTE=nitewulf;2781997]Operating system is Win 7 pro 64 bit. CloneCD version is 5.3.40 and also running AnyDVD 8.0.4.3 beta. I don’t copy CDs much anymore, but when I tried the other day using my LG Blu-ray DVD/CD burner, CloneCD hung and never started to read to file. It also hung on “filling buffers” if i tried to copy a cd on the fly. On this desktop system, I also have an Asus DRW-24B1ST. Both drives are recognized by CloneCD. The Asus works just fine and will read an image to file. The LG Blu-ray hangs every time. The LG BD drive works just fine with other programs such as Fairstars CD ripper and will read, play and write to CDRs just fine. I also have Nero2014 Burning ROM installed, but not the whole suite with InCD. The LG drive and/or cables can’t be bad or it wouldn’t work fine with other burning programs. It also hung with Imgburn if that helps. I uninstalled Imgburn, but it still hangs with CloneCD. I can use the Asus for m y copying purposes so not a huge deal. Was just curious why one drive would hang and be unusable with programs like CloneCD, but another drive works just fine which would seem to eliminate any drive conflicts as well. Any ideas?[/QUOTE]
Sounds like a program sys file conflicts is what it sounds like and if imgburn has issue you definitely have issues. Imgburn never for the most part has issues burning and when it does there is something going on. I think you got to many others program and they probably installed RAM resident program and when CloneCD or Imgburn uses the system Resources it crashes into those Resident Ram programs. I never had CloneCD or Imgburn program running and burning. And I have them for long time since they were started for burning and ripping is Anydvd HD, Clonecd, CloneDVD, CloneDVDmobile, VCD, Imgburn and running either of those other programs at different times to do their functions causes no lockup. So I think you need to find out what other program is causing this program. For CloneCD and Imgburn to lockup would indicate their system files got corrupted or something is interfering with their process. I think it might be Nero as anything after Nero 6 was garbage.

Thanks for the info. Yes, everything now points to exactly what you said. I can start removing some other programs like Nero and if that doesn’t do it, I’ll probably have to do a repair reinstall (Win 7) or maybe even a fresh reinstall at this point. I also have used Imgburn and CloneCD for many years w/o issues, but this copy of Win 7 is now about 6 years old (I reinstalled once) so I’m due for a clean overhaul I guess.

[QUOTE=nitewulf;2782027]Thanks for the info. Yes, everything now points to exactly what you said. I can start removing some other programs like Nero and if that doesn’t do it, I’ll probably have to do a repair reinstall (Win 7) or maybe even a fresh reinstall at this point. I also have used Imgburn and CloneCD for many years w/o issues, but this copy of Win 7 is now about 6 years old (I reinstalled once) so I’m due for a clean overhaul I guess.[/QUOTE]
Take out CloneCD and Imgburn and all other burning programs and then just install CloneCD and Imgburn and run those two and see what happens if nothing then those two were ok. And then use them a bit and see if the problem happens again before installing anymore program.

Try booting into safe mode too and give that a go.

It might also be worth switching the cables round from each drive so you try them on each others ports on the motherboard.