CloneCD FAQ

First, what a great sight ! I have used it in the past, a lot of great help/tips here.

When ever I want to back up a CD. Mafia, GTA3, MOH-Allied Assault, I would open ClonyXXL, [ V. 2006 ] let it scan cd, then “start” CloneCD [ 4202 ] and let it do-it’s-thing, and all would work well, I never made any manual adjustments.

When it got to the screen to choose ClonyXXL, Audio, Data, Game, Multimedia, or Protected Game, I would choose ClonyXXL. This, like I said always worked with my LiteOn LTR 32123s, and now with a newly installed LTR-48246s, until Harry Potter II . I saw a posting where someone always chose Protected Game, when using CloneCD, I never did that, should I.

For the best all around performance and results, am I correct in letting ClonyXXL make all the settings, and choose XXL when that screen comes up, or do I need to make some manual settings or adjustments for optimum results. I also use the CDRW to both read and write, but can my LiteOn LTR 163 DVD drive, read the data the same as the 48246s cdrw ?

Gosh, I hope this has not been asked 50 times already, sorry,

Originally posted by PtownBubba:

>
[…]
>

>I also use the CDRW to both read and write, but can my LiteOn
>LTR 163 DVD drive, read the data the same as the 48246s
>cdrw ?

Yes. But Lite-On add new FW all the time. Read alexnoe’s terrific LTR 52x review (off the Front Page) for some news about FW for the writers