Clonecd dao and sao

Hi all…

I have a creative 8438e and for some reason i can only use clonecd with Session at once… whenever i use Disc At Once it burns fine but the result is a coaster (I run the cd and i get a please insert cd message). Does anyone know why this would be? and is it better to burn with DAO?

Also why cant I read subchannel Data?

Thanks for any help!!

is your writer capable of writing DAO

Originally posted by colliwogs
Also why cant I read subchannel Data?
Because your drive simply doens’t support it. Nothing yu can do about this I think :frowning: Your drive isn;t listed on the CloneCD supported hardware page and only the CD-RW 8432E. Rev. >= 1.07 is required for this one.

DOA is recommended over TAO.

DOA is recommended over TAO.

What TAO?

I think my writer is capable of writing DAO… when i use blindwrite it burns pefectly using DAO+PQ. Only with clonecd it doesnt.

Originally posted by colliwogs
What TAO?
TAO=Track At Once is about the same as Session At Once (SAO). Sorry for the misunderstanding. Which firmware version are you using and which CloneCD version?

Okay after a little bit of research I have found that the creative 8438e is infact a repackaged sanyo cdrw. What i also have found out is that creative do not release any new firmware for this drive or the 8433e, 8434e, or 8435e. These drives are all called creative 8432 cdrw on the box but infact they’re all different repackaged drives. Creative dont make thier own drives, they just repackage others and stamp thier name on it. Therefore they cannot release any new firmware fior the drives which are up to date. Infact they seem to deny the fact that the 8433e, 8434e, or 8435e even exist!! The 8432e (a repacked plextor) is the only drive they release new firmware for. So all i can say to everyone is dont buy a creative cdrw!!! Unless you know for sure it is a 8432, thats what i thought mine was. So even better advice, dont buy any crative cdrw!!!

If you want to know more have a look at http://www.geocities.com/reflash8435/problem.html

But what i still dont understand is why dao works with blindwrite and not clonecd!! I like clonecd better… but i might have to use blindwrite :frowning: