CloneCD crashes all the time

vbimport

Everytime I try to burn anything in CloneCD, I always get a blue screen of death that says something about a faulty driver on the kernel stack that needs to be replaced. I would like to add that my system is rock stable. Nothing crashed my system for 6 months, except CCD, which does it repeatedly. I also use Nero and I have no problems with it. Finally, older versions of CCD work fine, like 3.0.0.1 or whatever was released about a year ago. All newer versions, I think starting with Dec. 2001, exhibit this problem. Thanks.

Specs:
AMD Athlon XP 1600+
Shuttle AK31A mobo
512 MB of Crucial PC2100
GeForce2 Ti
Sound Blaster Audigy
Plextor 12/10/32A
Windows XP Professional
With all updates and newest drivers and all.

A blue screen of death in XP?

try uninstalling clone cd, then reinstalling from tha newest verison 4.0.1.3

see if that helps :slight_smile:

Originally posted by fallenang3l
Sound Blaster Audigy
This is probably the culprit. Do you think I can get sound of this baby in XP? No Way. Do you think I can apply the patch in 98SE? No Way. XP pro will not give me sound out of this card and hates everything I install. A search on my nick & audigy will tell the story :wink:

Originally posted by eagle86
A blue screen of death in XP?
Yep, they happen. Ever since I installed the Audigy.

i get the blue screen 2, nasty thing it is. it pops up, and all i can read is that i have a bad driver. an os that doesnt support the audigy deserves to be pirated, but i didnt say that

Guys, I have no problem, but with CCD. Audigy works fine, everything works fine. This system crashes ONLY when I try to use newer CCD versions, as older versions work fine.

Guys, I have no problem, but with CCD. Audigy works fine, everything works fine. This system crashes ONLY when I try to use newer CCD versions, as older versions work fine.
Sorry to bang on here about the Audigy but[ul][]which PCI slot do you have it in?[]Are you using native XP chipset drivers or updated manufacturer drivers?[*]Have you updated the Audigy drivers?[/ul]

1. I think slot #5
  2. I’m using VIA 4-in-1 v. 4.32a or something
  3. Newest drivers

Ugh, how many times do I have to repeat myself. This system is rock stable. I can play Quake III 24/7, make DivX movies, download programs and listen to MP3 and there’s no problems. I ran Prime95 for 24 hours and it checked out fine. I ran CPUburn for 24 hours and it was fine too. Heck, I’ve even tested with SiSoft Sandra and 3DMark2001 and I had no problems either. I swear, if it wasn’t for CCD, my computer would have never crashed. No other programs exhibit any anomalies, and neither do older CCD versions.

[B]1. I think slot #5
2. I’m using VIA 4-in-1 v. 4.32a or something
3. Newest drivers

Ugh, how many times do I have to repeat myself. This system is rock stable. [/B]
Apparently not. This issue, CloneCD & BSOD, you describe is very, very rare. Are you burning as administrator? Slot 5 is good, higher the better for the Audigy. Install VIA 4in1 4.38; specifically, it does nothing real world except provide support for ATA133, but like all updates, there’s a little tweaking going on.

Ummm…ASPI? Have you installed 4.70? It does have issues with XP. Ahead’s WNASPI32.DLL in the system folder is good enough but don’t overwrite Adaptec’s similarly named file; uninstall 4.70 then copy Ahead’s file over from
ero.

Ummmm…checked UDMA Modes (off the disk controllers) in Device Manager? I’m running out of ideas…