CloneCD,..can it burn from your harddrive,..or

is just cd to cd???:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :eek: :cool: :cool:
midnightcry57

You can copy on the fly (cd to cd), but you can also create an image.

:smiley:

On the fly can be performed reliably by very few combinations of devices, examples are:

Tosh & Acer
Tosh & Plex
Tosh & Lite-On

Gee, did I say Tosh three times? There are others & I would be interested to hear of members experiences with some β€˜unusual’ or less sexy combinations.

Of course, try it with Laserlock or LockBloks & you’re asking for a coaster christmas tree.

You’ve gotta have fast HDDs like SCSI or, at a minimum, ATA66, busmaster drivers (preferably MS if you have a VIA chip**) installed & DMA enabled. Reader & writer must be on separate channels or best, one device on a separate controller.

For CD to HDD to CD-R, defrag your HDD & set the swapfile to a managed permanent size, like 200-400 MB (mine is 250 MB with 512 MB of RAM). Dedicate a partition or drive as the β€œimage” container e.g. mine is a 30 GB d;\images and nothing else (good for D-Tools too!)

**VIA claim to have fixed their busmastering issue with the latest 4in1 :rolleyes:

it also works well with

Plextor UltraPlex32max & Plextor 10x scsi
Plextor UltraPlex32max & Plextor 12x atapi
Plextor UltraPlex40max & Plextor 12x atapi

gee did I say Plextor six times? :smiley: has anyone used the Sony CDU-66xx drives as source drives (on the fly) successfully?

spell check ~ off

Permutations don’t count