Clonecd bad audio sectors

vbimport

can clonecd produce unreadable audio sectors ? well , i tried and it does... how's that possible ?

Originally posted by blackcheck
…unreadable audio sectors…
Can you elaborate please?

That has to be some record with Britney Spears!!

ok here’s what i did

i modified the leadout in the toc of a 10 min disc to 70 min and wrote the image
with clonecd. when you read this disc again with clonecd
you get bad sectors from min 10-70 because the disc is blank there. i thought this way you might be able to detect a copy,but
the 60 “blank” cloned sectors are unreadable,too. also the disc looks very strange , you can see the spiral pattern from 10-70.
why is that ?

[B]ok here’s what i did

i modified the leadout in the toc of a 10 min disc to 70 min and wrote the image
with clonecd. when you read this disc again with clonecd
you get bad sectors from min 10-70 because the disc is blank there. i thought this way you might be able to detect a copy,but
the 60 “blank” cloned sectors are unreadable,too. also the disc looks very strange , you can see the spiral pattern from 10-70.
why is that ? [/B]

What do you expect? Garbage in, garbage out.

yeah, sure but how does this garbage look on the copy?
clonecd cant read the blank sectors, so i guess it just fills them
up with 0’s right ? but why cant these sectors be read on the copy? because of missing subchannel data ?

yeah, sure but how does this garbage look on the copy?
clonecd cant read the blank sectors, so i guess it just fills them
up with 0’s right ? but why cant these sectors be read on the copy? because of missing subchannel data ?

Well, because of missing DATA at all. If you change the lead out address this doesn’t mean that anything useful will be written. In fact, your CD ends where the data ends. The lead out address is only adjusted in the TOC.

nono you got me wrong.

i created a 'toc-modfied disc" like i said above (the ‘original disc’) and then copied it again with clonecd. clonecd does not stop writing at 10mins. instead
it writes some weird looking stuff from 10min to 70min,wich is
unreadable with the readcd command. i just wonder how it can
write unreadable audio sectors.

btw i have already found a way to tell the copy from the original :wink: