CloneCD and Rolling Stones

vbimport

#1

I used the newest CloneCD () to backup The Rolling Stones, singles collection: the London years.

I used Scout, Yaps and ClonyXXL. None of them find any protection.

I used the original Audio profile for reading and writing.

I’am running Win98 and used a Asus 5224A for reading and writing.

Write speed 16x.

I made a coaster!! :a :Z :a

The tracks are recognised, but I can’t play the CD.

Are these CD’s protected (why didn’t I find any protection)?

Please help…


#2

Did you try to see if the cd-rom can read the tracks?
Dunno too much but ie. ccd-lock makes it so that you can’t even read them or view them in explorer.

What media did you use?

Did you make just 1 coaster?
Try again maybe it was a fluke and bad blank.

Did you try anything outside of clonecd, like Nero, WinOnCD, etc…
If any one of them work its just a starnge occurance perhaps.

Also, did you try ripping it, making mp3’s, or just extract the wav files?
Nero can do this, I prefer AudioCatalyst.

More suggestions…
If in any way you can make mp3 files, try to then mp3->wav them and try burning that as a compilation. I like MP3toWav Converter Plus for that.

Good Luck man

:slight_smile:


#3

Well I tried EAC and it showed in one of the columns (named: Copy Protection): YES.

So according to EAC the CD was protected (still can’t figure out why Yaps, ClonyXXL and scout couldn’t find it).

The CD-ROM and CD-Writer both can recognise the CD.

I copied the CD with EAC and it works just fine.

So I have still four questions:

  1. Why didn’t ClonyXXL, Yaps and Scout find any protection?
  2. Why did EAC find a protection?
  3. What kind of protection does this CD (The Rolling Stones, singles collection: The London Years, 3 CD’s) have?
  4. Is CloneCD really on his end?

#4

I would like to answer to your question no.4: the problem is that clonecd isn’t updated for a long time… Olli replied on the forum about clonedvd; I think he could say something about ccd (my opinion).

Greetings.


#5

Originally posted by maximino72
[B]I would like to answer to your question no.4: the problem is that clonecd isn’t updated for a long time… Olli replied on the forum about clonedvd; I think he could say something about ccd (my opinion).

Greetings. [/B]

I know Olli is/was working on CloneDVD.

CloneCD is still a good prog, but it stands in the shadow of BlindWrite and Alcohol.

I heard rumours that CloneCD will be updated within a month, but if that 's true… I don’t know.

BlindWrite is for me the king on the moment, followed closely by Alcohol and after a mile or 2 there’s CloneCD.

I just hope Olli doesn’t forget the prog he became famous with!!!


#6

Originally posted by Namoh

I just hope Olli doesn’t forget the prog he became famous with!!!

I totally agree with you Namoh… Olli say something:)


#7

I am usually patient with this, but it really is time for an update. Getting quite frustrating and that whole get updates for one year is really not getting anyones money worth on this product.


#8

Originally posted by Namoh
[B]
So I have still four questions:

  1. Why didn’t ClonyXXL, Yaps and Scout find any protection?
  2. Why did EAC find a protection?
  3. What kind of protection does this CD (The Rolling Stones, singles collection: The London Years, 3 CD’s) have?
  4. Is CloneCD really on his end? [/B]

Anyone? :confused:


#9

You said that EAC found a protection but didn’t specify what kind. I think Yaps, Clony, and all the other scanners are updated and designed really for data protection detection, and won’t do as well a job on audio titles. EAC is targeted at audio, so it might have a wider search criteria for audio protection. You might never know what protection this title has. And CloneCD until its next update is definitely falling behind but I don’t think on its end.


#10

Well ClonyXXL and Scout both mentioned al kind of audio-protections, so I assume that they can detect them also.

EAC only mentions Yes in the column Copy protected and doesn’t say which protection it has.

Isn’t there any site that has a list of audio-CD’s with their protections???

If this doesn’t exsist, then I will make such a list for public use.

Everybody mail me your audio-CD’s with the used protection.


#11

A good site for protected audio information.
THE SITE.


#12

Thanks for the link Bulk, but nothing about Rolling Stones Singles Collection The London Years.


#13

Originally posted by Namoh
[B]Well ClonyXXL and Scout both mentioned al kind of audio-protections, so I assume that they can detect them also.

EAC only mentions Yes in the column Copy protected and doesn’t say which protection it has.

Isn’t there any site that has a list of audio-CD’s with their protections???

If this doesn’t exsist, then I will make such a list for public use.

Everybody mail me your audio-CD’s with the used protection. [/B]

Well, I would definitely contribute if I ever get a protected cd. But I think this will be a hard list to start and will grow very very slowly because most people still dont buy music. Kazaa, WinMX, IRC, and many others after the days of Napster still prevail in musc pirating. So very few people will have anything to contribute. Although I would help support the list in any way possible.:slight_smile:


#14

Use the first session option for audio; this rids the CD of any second session protection.

Illegal TOCs are also no trouble for CloneCD; make sure that the tray is open and that you double-click your way through and let CCD take control of the disc rather than the OS.

I’m not certain that the ASUS can handle audio prots. It copes with early versions of CDS100 (Westlife, 2000) but the rest, I dunno.


#15

Originally posted by FutureProof
[B]Use the first session option for audio; this rids the CD of any second session protection.

Illegal TOCs are also no trouble for CloneCD; make sure that the tray is open and that you double-click your way through and let CCD take control of the disc rather than the OS.

I’m not certain that the ASUS can handle audio prots. It copes with early versions of CDS100 (Westlife, 2000) but the rest, I dunno. [/B]

@FutureProof, I made a working copy of all 3 CD’s with the ASUS 5224A and EAC. So whatever protection it have the ASUS can kill it.

I had the CD already in the drive (already closed), so maybe that’s why CloneCD made a coaster??

The discs show only one session with audio tracks, so there is no second session protection.


#16

Hi Namoh

mmmm…[thinks off top of head]…mmmm

I don’t think that the audio programs show the second session if it exists…have a look at alexnoe’s excellent Litey 52x review and the screenshots he did - you’ll see [I think] that none of the second sessions are shown for CDS in these programs, so for detection they are useless. The structure of the disc is best viewed in DiscJuggler (excellent proggy) or CDMage, I think it is.

The other prots are illegal TOCs and can only be picked up with Yaps et al and only if they are savvy.

With CloneCD, and it’s the only program to do it correctly, don’t open or close trays yourself…just double-click your way through


#17

If your Rolling Stone’s Singles Collection set is from the latest ABKCO remasters, then what you have is actually a hybrid cd containing regular cd audio tracks and SACD (super audio cd)tracks.

The regular cd audio tracks are not protected, but the SACD tracks are copy protected. I’m taking a guess, but maybe EAC “sees” the copy protection on the SACD tracks.