CloneCD and Lite-On

i need a new burner
and i want to know if i should stay away from the
Lite-On Burners

One of the profiles for CloneCD
is a Lite-On SecuRom [NEW]

my question is why ?
is this just for older Lite-On Burners or newer ones too

just after some opinions please
thanks

Start here and look through the Copy Protection guides

Examine your needs. If you plan to do what 1 of my friends primary and sole purpose for having a PC is (burning music albums), and you have no care or expectation for encountering copying games or data with protection schemes, I would advise to find the cheapest fastest burner with bufferunderun technology. If you want more, get a 52x Lite-on or Asus. Both are great, can’t really go wrong with either one.

i just want to be able to back up my game cds properly
so they work
thanks everyone

hi
i have a an ltr - 52327s i.e 52x32x52 writer and i have been able to backup most of the protected game and audio disc and since i have heard some complaints from my friends who have asus 52x i personally prefer lite -on

my view, I have several liteons including the 52246s and the 52327s, the ASUS 5224A is superior than the liteons as far as reading/writing accuracy (make sure to use the 1.1 bios). plus it has fast error skipping which makes backups alot quicker than the liteons and runs alot quieter than the liteons. the liteons burn well though and are a close second. FP is doing some testing with the asus as discussed in the copy protection discussion forum.

Does Asus build their own drives at all?
I think the LiteOn52 is the best compromise if you can not effort a plextor premium.
I had no problems with it until now.

Originally posted by Schnauze
Does Asus build their own drives at all?

Yes.

I think Lite-on handles Audio protection better than ASUS. And ASUS handles game protections better from what I read. I would just see which I could get for cheaper.

I havent tried it but i saw a new liteon 4x/12x dvd ± rw 40x cdrw at bestbuy for 150$…could be a good cd writer too…dont know.

Originally posted by xtacydima
I think Lite-on handles Audio protection better than ASUS. And ASUS handles game protections better from what I read. I would just see which I could get for cheaper.

thats good for i have both:p

Originally posted by Jamos
thats good for i have both:p

//thinking of getting ASUS to also have both, have 1 free bay left in Tower:p

get rid of your old liteon and get a plex premium too so you can do securerom :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Jamos
get rid of your old liteon and get a plex premium too so you can do securerom :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t have an old Lite-on. In fact, I read Lite-on dvd rom is an excellent sub code reader and possibly one of the best readers for securom. I think you confused my two lite-on’s, one is a burner and one is a dvd-rom. :slight_smile:

Originally posted by xtacydima
I don’t have an old Lite-on. In fact, I read Lite-on dvd rom is an excellent sub code reader and possibly one of the best readers for securom. I think you confused my two lite-on’s, one is a burner and one is a dvd-rom. :slight_smile:

ok but isnt any dvd reader only pretty old now days…i just saw the new liteon dvd rw± at bestbuy the other day it looked sweet…wonder how it would do with protection and cds? it was 150$ US which isnt bad.

and with the plex premium i was referring to its ability with bw to do 1:1 copies using gigarec.:wink:

hey jamos
i don’t know the quality of the writers u get at your place but the one’s u get in my place are sheer piece of crap(no offence intended to the company), as far as i know there are two friends of mine who bought asus 52x writer and were having a hell of a time with it and they changed the firmware and did everything possible , and at last they just got fed up and noth exchanged them, one of them bought an lg ( wise choice) and the other one a sony( not so wise choice).
that my experience.
as far as i know lite-on and lg ar very good.
as for the asus company in general they are one of the best motherboard manufacturers in the world.

hey all,

I just wanted to say a good lite on drive. It is combo dvd burner, lite on 401s. I use it for my copy protections and dvd and have no problems. I can use it with sd 2.9 and sd 3.1 with no emulation and just hide cdr. I love the drive and burns dvds I noticed a couple mins to 4 min faster than some other dvd burners i have. Also this dvd burner is just a + burner.

Gio

Originally posted by kool_man
hey jamos
i don’t know the quality of the writers u get at your place but the one’s u get in my place are sheer piece of crap(no offence intended to the company), as far as i know there are two friends of mine who bought asus 52x writer and were having a hell of a time with it and they changed the firmware and did everything possible , and at last they just got fed up and noth exchanged them, one of them bought an lg ( wise choice) and the other one a sony( not so wise choice).
that my experience.
as far as i know lite-on and lg ar very good.
as for the asus company in general they are one of the best motherboard manufacturers in the world.

ive had no problems with my 5224A its quiet and very reliable. maybe it was the software they were using or their settings or could just be a couple of bad drives.

Originally posted by giovanni42104
[B]hey all,

I just wanted to say a good lite on drive. It is combo dvd burner, lite on 401s. I use it for my copy protections and dvd and have no problems. I can use it with sd 2.9 and sd 3.1 with no emulation and just hide cdr. I love the drive and burns dvds I noticed a couple mins to 4 min faster than some other dvd burners i have. Also this dvd burner is just a + burner.

Gio [/B]

the one I saw at best buy is the next model it does + and - plus 12x read on dvds…not sure of the model number though as i didnt buy it.