CloneCD and Lite-On LTR-52246S ( 52X/24X/52X )?

Hi all,

I just bought the Lite-On LTR-52246S (52X/24X/52X) and I need to burn a clonecd image. CloneCD 4 doesn’t seem to support this drive, or does it? Maybe I am doing something wrong.

Is there anyone who have succesfully used CloneCD with the Lite-On LTR-52246S (52X/24X/52X)?

Regards, Rubends

I have used CloneCD with my LTR-52246S. Check elby’s website to see if thereare any availible updates.

-Scott

seems to work ok for me too…

After installing CloneCD 4.1.0.1 my DVD-ROM (PIONEER DVD-ROM DVD-106) and CD-R (LITE-ON LTR-52246S) devices are not available anymore.

The device status in the Device Manager says:

"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device."

The troubleshooter is not able to solve the problem.

What the !@# is going on? Other people post they have no problem using CloneCD with the LITE-ON LTR-52246S.

Hope someone can help me.

Regards, Rubends

are you using winxp…if so delete the the ide channels in device manager and reboot …this will help …I think…btw only do one at a time

…nope, that didn’t work…

I uninstalled the primary ide channel first, rebooted, uninstalled the secondary ide channel, rebooted…

result: no difference; primary and secondary ide channels are still there / there again…

cd-r device and cdrom device still not available…

what could this be?

just got one of those puppies today too.
After i managed to uninstall nero 5582, nero recognized it, clone cd 4.0.0.0 did (so does the newest 4.1 version).

Burned a 68MB cd in 2min 10sec @ 48x with a liteon cdr that was bundeled with the drive. :bigsmile:
lol, didn’t dare try 52x for my first burn, as i heard here that it destroys the CD or something.

However, iv got like 40, 24x cdr (didn’t say speed on when i bought, but nero limits the max speed to 24x) that i bought for my old philips PCRW804drive (just sold that btw for £35 :cool: :cool: :smiley: )

And clone cd does support this drive.

"…nope, that didn’t work…

I uninstalled the primary ide channel first, rebooted, uninstalled the secondary ide channel, rebooted…

result: no difference; primary and secondary ide channels are still there / there again…

cd-r device and cdrom device still not available…

what could this be?"

This is a driver conflict/problem so uninstalling IDE channels will not help at all. Try this, unistall CloneCD and everything related to Elby etc. go into “msconfig” and uncheck everything related to CCD. Go into “C/prog files” and delete the “EB” folder, delete all the registry settings using “regedit” or RegCleaner. now go ahead and uninstall the burner and dvd player but NOT the ide channel. Reboot, go into cmos and make sure the drives are there and reboot again now see if windows finds the drives. if it doesn’t go into “Add Hardware Wizard” and look for the drives there and add them. let me know if this helps.

Also, let me know which one is slave and which is master and if the setup you know have worked before. what did you have before the Liteon and was it master or slave?

I found the cause: I had to reinstall my SiS IDE drivers (for my Asus P4S8X Mobo)!

Thanks all!

Originally posted by rallport
[…] Burned a 68MB cd in 2min 10sec @ 48x with a liteon cdr that was bundeled with the drive. […]
68MB in 2 mins? That’s indeed very fast. :stuck_out_tongue: