CloneCD and Alien vs Predator 2 --> NO GO

This is THE first time CloneCD has let me down ! :frowning:

Yesterday i went out and got Alien vs Predator 2 and first thing i did was to make a backup copy of it using CloneCD. ( 2 discs )

Or thats what i thought i did ! To my surprise the copy of Disc_1 didn’t work … it took a long time for the reader to validate it … !

I tried to copy it 4 times !!! … same result every time ! I tried with different versions of cloneCD … 3.2.0.2 and 3.0.9.1 and different settings !

I tried to copy it with CDRWIN and NERO … no go !

Finally i tried to copy it with Blindwrite and … voila !

Hmmmm … weird i thought so to test CloneCD and my burner i made a copy of Max Payne and Diablo II … no problem, perfect copies !

Burner used : Lite-On LTR24102B FirmWare 5S0J
Op.sys Win ME

Alien vs Preator 2 is detected as having a new version of SecuRom and the copy I got was made by Universal i Germany !

Any ideas / thoughts ???

Did you have the “HIDE CDR MEDIA” option on or off while trying the copy?

Today I tried to copy it with AWS and Hide CDR media ON … still NO GO ! ( CloneCD 3.2.2.2 )

Going to try without AWS but still Hide CDR media

I’m puzzled about this, because Diablo II runs great and it to is a Securom protection !

OK this is getting more and more weird !

Just tried to copy with CloneCD 3.2.2.2 and with AWS=OFF and Hide CDR Media = ON … still NO GO !

But there seems to be some confusion among CDR programs about the length ( number of blocks on the CD )

Here is what different progs. says about the length of DISC_1

CDRWIN : 63.13.36 and number of blocks is 284511
CloneCD : 63.13.36 / blocks 284511
Blindwrite : 63.13.35 / 284510
Nero : 63.13.36
But the funny thing about NERO is that it, as the only program, reports a read error at 63.15.32 ( ??? )

The only copy that works ( so far ) is the BlindWrite one !

strange indeed as avp2 the new CCD and the liteon don’t have any issues that i can see…i just tried it…

do disco the AWS…you don’t need it for securom…

do remember to check subchannel data on your read…i know, you probably know that…but i had to check it out

Gidday Stretch & welcome :slight_smile:

Kosh - just to sum this up (SecuROM)

Read: check data subs; all else off
Write: default (do not check “Don’t repair…”)
Install - no problems
Run: check “Hide media” in the tray CCD icon if plyaing from a burner (you can just leave it on)

If you got Diablo going you can get AvP2 going - let us know when you are successful

btw, Olli encourages the use of the “ProtCD” setting off the Load button in the read & write windows :cool:

I had trouble with AvP2, but after using these settings I had no problem. SecureRom New is the prot.

My settings were:

read speed max

read sub-channel data from data tracks.
read sub-channel data from audio tracks.

those are the only 2 settings that I checked off for reading, left rest unchecked.

To burn I used these settings:

12x burn speed

burn proof/just link

always close session

The only problem I had after coping was the ATIP wouldn’t let the copy run on my writer, it only works on my CD and DVD roms. :smiley:

The only problem I had after coping was the ATIP wouldn’t let the copy run on my writer, it only works on my CD and DVD roms
Yep, that’s what the “Hide Media” option is for in the tray CCD icon.

Slider
What op. sys are you using ?
What firmware revision ?

I have tried the exact same settings as you … no luck !

I know the burner can do it … with blindwrite … but I don’t want to use BW I want to use CloneCD which I have always used !

:frowning:

I’m using Windows 98 SE, and I have a TDK velo 241040X writer. For some reason I can copy almost anything but SD2. Someone let me know what I can do. I tried the Amplify Weak Sector and it didn’t help.

SLIDER

Ok… I thought you were using a LiteON 24102B like me !

Anyways … I just changed the firmware back to s507 from s50J still no luck in copying Aliens vs Predator 2 with CloneCD only BlindWrite works for me on this particular CD !

Arrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !

But a least it works ! :stuck_out_tongue:

So I’m not the only one then. I’ve backed up other SecuRom Games with my NEC DVD and Sony burner [HL Blue Shift being one], but AvP2 still beats me every time.

Full details here If anyone can help I’d appreciate it.

have you tried using the BlindWrite Suite as I did ?

No, I haven’t got a copy of that piece of software, but I did manage to get CloneCD to copy it in the end.

Details in the other post if you’re internested.

Hi all
I have tried to back up AvP2 with my crx160E. I found that drive was totally uselles. Now i’m using LiteOn 24102B and …and it runs like dream. I’m using this drive as a reader and writer. My only settings I’ve put on:
read sub-channel data from data tracks.
read sub-channel data from audio tracks
Fast error skipping
I have disabled autostart on the sys tray and unloaded it.
I loaded the game fro my CD-RW and …no problem. Only problem I had was that my friend had damage my original CD
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I hope that finnaly you will found solution

All best
Greg
Ps ther is a very useful website and you can find nearly everything you migh need: h**p//www.gamecopyworld.com

I know what you mean don’t let your friends borrow the original!

Originally posted by velocity3k
I know what you mean don’t let your friends borrow the original!
Or your little brother, trust me I speak from experience :wink: LOL