CloneCD and Alcohol debate?

seems like a war is starting here at the Cdfreaks forums.
been looking at some of the questions people have about CloneCD, some of the answers people get are good, lots are like this: Better use Alcohol 120%

is it just me or are there employees from Alcohol trying to push there software on us? (starting to seem like that to me)

this is just what i’ve seen alot more of here lately, no big deal though, everybody has the right to choose which software they want to use.

guess its no different than Plextor is better than Lite-On, or Lite-On is better than Plextor debate.

its all good heehee

You are, of course, correct and it’s a pretty useless discussion. What matters is what works and is best for each individual user.

Personally I like both proggies though, for me, alcohol is currently ahead. However, I haven’t yet tested the new version of ccd and who knows what my opinion may be after I do?

In my view, it’s highly desirable that there be a variety of alternatives and, whilst alcohol has made a huge impact as the new kid on the block, the tried and true ccd has, for this industry, a successful history and is now being updated to cope with the latest protections.

Originally posted by philamber
[B]You are, of course, correct and it’s a pretty useless discussion. What matters is what works and is best for each individual user.

Personally I like both proggies though, for me, alcohol is currently ahead. However, I haven’t yet tested the new version of ccd and who knows what my opinion may be after I do?

In my view, it’s highly desirable that there be a variety of alternatives and, whilst alcohol has made a huge impact as the new kid on the block, the tried and true ccd has, for this industry, a successful history and is now being updated to cope with the latest protections. [/B]

Yes, i agree with you alcohol 120% can copy tha latest protections… but like you said clonecd is a veteran at copying games and once it is able to copy the lastest securom games it will probably be the wisest choice since it has been out for a long time and tends to have very few problems for most people that have good quality cd-rw drive :slight_smile:

alcohol cant copy all the latest protections. It can only make an image of securom “super new” it cant write it

I am still a fan of CloneCD. It is as good as Alcohol and it is much
easier to use (even for my brother, who doesn’t know a thing
about computers).

It is the one-button copy solution for everything except SecuROM “SuperNew”, ProtectCD5 and StarForce.

thebluegr

i like the looks off alcohol 120% and it copies almost everything
but ccd has the emulate weak sectors option wich enable you to produce a working back-up of SD protected cd with a zero sheep writer.
does alcohol have that kind off option?
or is it possible to produce a working back-up off a SD protected cd with a zero sheep writer and the standard settings for alcohol 120% ?

if not i think that alcohol should have that option asap because i think that is verry usefull.

Yes it does. It’s called “bypass EFM error”

thebluegr

i tought that bypass EFM errors in alcohol 120% is the same as AWS in ccd.
and EWS (emulate weak sectors) is something different, and not (yet) supported by alcohol 120%

else i should get a closer look to it.
i quickly tried it with mafia (SD 2.5) and used a sanyo as the writer.
the back-up didn’t even install the first cd off the game.

but i’ll give it another try then and this time i take some more time for it to look at the options :slight_smile:

since i own a asus 4816 it isn’t really importand for me to get it work with alcohol.
but my friend has a sanyo and he managed to produce 10 coasters because he messed up the options with other burn programs.
so im looking for a verry verry simple program (alcohol 120% eg) so he can back-up something without calling me everytime :slight_smile:
i dont know what he does with is computer but he managed to mess up all his back-ups with ccd.

alcohol cant copy all the latest protections. It can only make an image of securom “super new” it cant write it

Umm yes you are correct but then again Alcohol never said it could make a copy of “securom*new [V4.X]” “super new” being an expression used by CloneCD it has always been known that Alcohol could only emulate it

Maybe i am biased because i support Alcohol but that is my choice and my choice only… it does not mean that i am spamming for Alcohol i am just giving my point like anyone else is entitled to…

i actualy never knew there was a “CLoneCD/Alcohol debate” but as there is i thought i would reply with my own views…

So back to your statment… should i say that “CloneCD cant copy all the latest protections.it can only make an image of securom “super new” it cant write it”
of course i can, and i would be correct in saying so, i would also be correct in saying that Alcohol could do this before CloneCD i would also be correct in saying that CloneCD can now emulate many old protections that due to hardware reasons many people were not capable of doing before… but i would also be correct in saying that Alcohol could do this some weeks ago…

I realy do not see the reason for a debate… its each to their own, if you like Nero, blindwrite, Clone, Alcohol, Daemon-Tools or whatever, that is the program you are going to support and rightly so, it works for you so why change it…

end of debate…

I use Alcohol sometimes and CloneCD sometimes. Alcohol’s virtual drive is great. Yeah I know CCD has one too, but I chose not to install that one, since I could choose not to install it. With Alcohol, I had no choice. :slight_smile:

But I’ve still not burned anything with Alcohol, if I want something backed up to a CD I still use CloneCD. It’s interface feels easier, eventhough Alcohol is easy too :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Ph0enix
[B]

i actualy never knew there was a “CLoneCD/Alcohol debate” but as there is i thought i would reply with my own views…[/B]
Fibber! :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Ph0enix
[B]
I realy do not see the reason for a debate… its each to their own, if you like Nero, blindwrite, Clone, Alcohol, Daemon-Tools or whatever, that is the program you are going to support and rightly so, it works for you so why change it…

end of debate… [/B]
…the debate will continue since the Lite-On vs Plex thing died out. Gotta have something to do, eh? :stuck_out_tongue: I just don’t know why there’s not a CloneCD vs Blindwrite debate? Or a Blindwrite vs GameJack debate? How about DiscJuggler vs WinOnCD? That’d be diverting! Why is there no debate about vso’s new feature?

CloneCD fans are rabid and there’s no getting over it. woof

Originally posted by FutureProof
[BCloneCD fans are rabid and there’s no getting over it. woof [/B]

So too are alcohol fans. chases tail