CloneCD 4 Profiles Help?

vbimport

hi all,

Just after some help with the new profiles config in Clonecd 4 (final).

I heard that the basic profiles with their default settings are fine for most discs and produce high quality working 1:1 copies.

Still, i have some questions...
1) If i wanna "backup" a PSX game (libcrypt & non protected), which profile is the best to use? Data CD or Game CD? Or is it worth creating a new profile for PSX games?

2) I assume the "game cd" profile covers all the non-protected PC games & protected (SD 1&2, SecureROM, LaserLok, etc) titles, but what profile (s) should be used for protected PC applications discs and the like?

3) What about protected Audio CDs? ie Safeaudio, Key2audio, etc? What profile is best for them? Audio CD? or multimedia audio?

I think that about covers my questions, hope you clonecd experts out there will be able to help me! :slight_smile:

ps: If it helps, i am usin a Liteon 24102b CD-RW Drive, and a Teac 540E and Pioneer 105S DVD-ROM for reading.

regards,
Br@yza!

Just download the new Clony XXL 2.0.0.6 in your language at http://home.arcor.de/bejot/ this program searches what kind of protection a CD has, and takes the settings over to CloneCD 4…

Greetzzz,

Sauron

also aint there already libcrypt profile in there?

i got alot of profiles for that and even audio protection :slight_smile:

just download tha latest version of clone cd (4.0.0.1)

that should solve it :slight_smile:

NBR,

I don’t seem to have those libcrypt and Audio Protection profiles in there that you were talking about, and I AM running the latest CloneCD (4.0.0.1).

I just have the following: Audio CD, Multimedia Audio CD, Data CD, Game CD.

Although the new(ish) CloneCD profiles idea is a good one, IMHO its still best to use a good copy protection scanner (ie Clony XXL) that can find out the exact protection/disc type and pass the relevent read/write settings best for that disc onto clonecd.

regards,
Br@yza!

whoops my bad, i manually had to install em :slight_smile: they aint normally in there sorry for tha confusion

can you download profiles? I only have the four. More would help.
any response is greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by dcjaxon
can you download profiles?
…we have a surprise due very soon…

…we have a surprise due very soon…

meaning…?
can you elaborate any at all?

…tested, no-nonsense, no crap, custom, downloadable profiles…for everyone. Now it’s just down to media, ASPI, OS, chipset drivers and world famine.

Originally posted by FutureProof
…tested, no-nonsense, no crap, custom, downloadable profiles…for everyone. Now it’s just down to media, ASPI, OS, chipset drivers and world famine.

Famine? You guys starving in australia? I’ll send you some spam! :slight_smile:

p.s, sounds nice!

Ouch…Spam you can do better for Futureproof…cant you???