CloneCD 4 Profiles for Download!

vbimport

We (FutureProof and me) have noticed that a lot of people are still having problems using the default Game Profile in CloneCD version 4. Therefore we have set-up Profiles for the most common copy-protections used nowadays for you to download and use with CloneCD 4. Store these Profiles in your CloneCD/Profiles folder. This folder would normally be located at “C:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\CloneCD\Profiles”. Click on the image of the corresponding Profile to download it:

News/Updates:

April, 23rd: Fixed download links due to server upgrade
August, 7th: Added ‘Lite-On SecuRom [NEW]’ Profile. ZIP-file also updated
June, 19th: Added ‘Protect CD’ Profile
June, 4th: All Profiles in one Zip-file
November, 16 2003 : complete update Look here

You can also download all Profiles in one ZIP-file here (updated: November, 16th 2003).

LaserLock

[ul][li]Read Speed: Max
[/li][li]Fast Error Skip: On
[/li][li]Intelligent Bad Sector Scanner (100 Sector Skip)
[/li][li]Write Speed: Max
[/li][li]Always Close Last Session[/ul]SafeDisc (1/2/2.51) - no AWS
[/li]
This Profile can be used for the normal SafeDisc (1) version and SafeDisc version 2 and above (2.51) for writers that do not need Amplify Weak Sectors.

[/li][li]Always Close Last Session[/ul]SafeDisc (2/2.51) - AWS
[/li]
This Profile can be used for SafeDisc 2 and above (2.51) for writers that do need Amplify Weak Sectors.

[/li][li]Amplify Weak Sectors
[/li][li]Always Close Last Session[/ul]SecuRom
[/li]
This Profile can also be used for SecuRom NEW as long as you have a reliable SubChannel Data reader such as a Plextor for instance. Lite-On owners should use the Profile below for SecuRom NEW.

[/li][li]Read SubChannel Data from Data Tracks
[/li][li]Read Speed Audio: Max
[/li][li]Audio Extraction Quality: Bad
[/li][li]Read SubChannel Data from Audio Tracks
[/li][li]Always Close Last Session[/ul]Lite-On SecuRom [NEW]
[/li]
This Profile can be used for Lite-On writers which are having problems with the new version of SecuRom as found on Warcraft III and Neverwinter Nights (without the update installed!).

[/li][li]Regenerate Data Sectors
[/li][li]Always Close Last Session[/ul]PlayStation - LibCrypt
[/li]

[/li][li]Don’t Repair SubChannel Data
[/li][li]Always Close Last Session[/ul]Protect CD
[/li]

[ul][li]Read Speed: 8x
[/li][li]Read Speed Audio: 8x
[/li][li]Read SubChannel Data from Audio Tracks
[/li][li]Always Close Last Session[/ul]Notes
[/li]

[ul][li]Only the enabled settings are mentioned above. All other settings are disabled if they’re not mentioned! (E.g. SubChannel Data reading with the SafeDisc Profile.)
[/li][li]It might be a good idea to lower the read speed when dealing with certain copy-protections (SafeDisc 2, PSX) and less quality readers.
[/li][li]Although all Profiles were tested we cannot guarantee they’ll work for you. It’s sometimes hardware dependant!
[/li][*]Read these threads before asking a question. These threads cover most CloneCD questions.[/ul]Like said, all Profiles were tested for the copy-protection they were intended for. All worked fine but if you do run into troubles, please post below!

GREAT WORK!!!

I’m sure ALOT of people will find these files useful!!

Cheers
Ace

I personally haven’t had any problems with the defaults in Clone, but the effort you put forth and the time is very commendable.

I would like to thank you and all the other great people who contribute to this site and its patrons.

I noticed something strange: I can’t copy Libcrypt if I don’t set Audio extraction quality to max while reading with my (really bad) LG-8120B. So try it if you have any problems.

Well, I am happy! I can finally copy Tiger Woods 2002 with the SD2AWS settings on a Plex 40x. That should make Greffel happy, wherever he is. It works in the Tosh SD-M1612, so it should work in about any reader. Thanks G@M3FR3@K!

of course, this is with the latest CCD 4.0.1.3. I suspect that olli may have made some adjustments with this version to accomodate for the problems with TW2002 and others with CCD4. No matter, at least it works!

Hopefully, this will help others who are having a problem with the plex 24x/40x and SD2.51xxx.

top job ,

thankx ,

question…wont the settings set up by Clony work just as well?

Very helpful indeed. Good work.

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
question…wont the settings set up by Clony work just as well?
Hmmmmmm…good enough for nOObS but, there’s a lotta hardware out there…

PSX LibCrypt profile “Audio Extraction Quality: Bad”?

Now why in the heck would anyone use bad quality audio ripping PSX discs?

Heres my PSX/CloneCD4 quide I published on 24/05: http://cd-rw.org/articles/archive/psxclonecd.cfm

PSX LibCrypt profile “Audio Extraction Quality: Bad”?

Now why in the heck would anyone use bad quality audio ripping PSX discs?

Heres my PSX/CloneCD4 quide I published on 24/05: http://cd-rw.org/articles/archive/psxclonecd.cfm

Nice settings but first,for read tick Abort On Read Error and for write tick Always Close Last Session and turn the burn speed down(the slower the better)

I can agree that the ‘bad’ setting is questionable but it does work with quality readers. Like mentioned as a note:

It might be a good idea to lower the read speed when dealing with certain copy-protections (SafeDisc 2, PSX) and less quality readers
If you want to make sure that you have a good image it’s always a good idea to lower the read speed. The Profiles above are intended to get the fastest results (and presumed is that if you don’t care about this you’d better use the default Game Profile)…

Are these settings realy better then the ones from Clony XXL? And which setting should I use for a Lite-On LTR-40125S?

Greetzzz,

Sauron

I can agree that the ‘bad’ setting is questionable but it does work with quality readers.

It does work of course, but the better audio read modes would give user security about the audio ripping. Nobody enjoys clicks and glitches in their PSX game music I think?

when i back up ps1 games i always use the max speeds and the apparent “bad quality” for audio extraction and i cant recall anytime where i heard pops or clicks maybe if the game your copying is scratched…

FuturProof and G@M3FR3@K are the best.

thnx!

I am still using CloneCD 3.3.4.1 with my Plextor x12x10x32 and my new Lite-on x32x12x40 and have no problems. I guess if I run into any trouble I will upgrade too the newer CloneCD v4.

Greetz from The Diplomat:D

Originally posted by Sauron
[B]Are these settings realy better then the ones from Clony XXL? And which setting should I use for a Lite-On LTR-40125S?

Greetzzz,

Sauron [/B]

Use the SDNoAWS profile if it is an SD2xxxxx game. Other profile should work for the individual protections. Actually game profile works very well with the Lite-on, anyway!

I must report that although the plex 40x worked with the new AWS profile, the TEAC 40x did not. I’ll see if I can find a solution to it.

hi, great job… do you know what settings i must use with a EIDE Yamaha 16/10/40 ??

tnxx !!! :wink: :slight_smile: