CloneCD 4 & AWS in US

vbimport

Is there still no working hack/work around for enabling AWS in CloneCD?

TIA>

Kind of a dumb question to ask IMO.

I still don’t know WHY it is illegal to have AWS in the US. I ask and people just tell me “legal reasons”. You can use image-editing programs that do exactly the same thing. It’s not my place to tell you the names. Seek and you shall find.

One solution will always work, MOVE!

I changed all my settings from USA to Canada… worked fine for me after reinstalling CloneCD. All features are enabled

Change your regional settings to Canadian English, this will work…
OOOPPPSSSS beat me to it, LOL…

VB9999

How do I change the regional settings? Do I need to d/l a different language version?

I can’t find my regional settings anywhere without formatting my HD.

I had problems with this…what they don’t tell you is that your keyboard must be changed too. This is true for XP Pro and Home editions.

Regional settings are in the control panel.

Have a wonderful day

As the great Homer would say: “DOH!”

Just click on the Huge “RAGIONAL SETTINGS” button that’s in your control panel!

DOH!
DOH!

i live in usa and i switch my regional settings to ENGLISH CANADA and i have windows xp pro and it works fine in clone cd :slight_smile:

aws and hide cd-r media works great :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Wiz486
[B]Kind of a dumb question to ask IMO.

I still don’t know WHY it is illegal to have AWS in the US. [/B]
Not so dumb really - you should be more polite. In Australia, the Copyright Act (1968) as amended, prohibits the use of a ‘circumvention device’ which includes software programs. Fortunately, it really only applies to cracks, patches & copy protection disassemblers - which is why 1:1 is soooo important.

The US DMCA (digital millenium copyright act) probably goes one step further and places proggys like CloneCD on the ‘circumvention device’ list.

Originally posted by glc650
[B]Is there still no working hack/work around for enabling AWS in CloneCD?

TIA> [/B]

Look here:

http://forum.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?threadid=44215

Originally posted by Olli
[B]

Look here:

http://forum.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?threadid=44215 [/B]
Much thanks.
Worked like a charm.:wink: