CloneCD 4.3.1.6 Official Release!

http://www.slysoft.com/download/SetupCloneCD.exe

CloneCD Revision History

CloneCD 4.3.1.7

• The “free update period” for Elaborate Bytes customers was a little tight, we are sorry about that!
• Extended free updated period for Elaborate Bytes customers
• Fixed HelpLauncher.exe to display english texts, if language is not available
• Updated Czech and Finnish languages

CloneCD 4.3.1.6

• First copying program that uses RAW-Mode
• Creates working 1:1 copies on CD-Rs and CD-RWs
• Amplifies ‘Weak Sectors’ - works with selected CD writers
• Emulates ‘Weak Sectors’ - works with each and every CD writer
• Works with CD-ROMs, CD-Rs and CD-RWs
• Writes Audio CDs conforming to Redbook standard
• Tray-Icon controls functional usage of inserted media
• Copies from CD/DVD drives, harddrive or Virtual Drives
• Intuitive user interface, easy to use for novices!
• Rich selection of preset options via default Profiles
• Indivual selection of options for expert users
• Proven to be stable and fast, does not need an ASPI driver
• Distinguished technical support und customer care

Can’t reach the Slysoft website :(. I will try again in a few hours

Let’s try this:

http://www.slysoft.com/download/SetupCloneCD4316.exe

Cheers! :slight_smile:

The website is now back up and is offering CloneCD from the downloads page here

EDIT - Download still isn’t working. Above link has been changed to this

CloneCD Revision History

CloneCD 4.3.1.6

• New: CloneCD found a new home at SlySoft
  • New: Can now emulate SafeDisc 2.9 weak sectors!
  • New: Improved weak sector emulation!
  • New: Shiny Look under Windows XP
  • New: “Hide CDR Media” no longer needs to be disabled while using CloneCD
  • New: added support for more CD-Writers
  • New: New Online Keys
  • New: Added RegCloneCD.exe for new keycodes
  • Removed “Virtual CloneDrive” from Distribution, will be a separate download (or you can just use Daemon Tools)
  • Removed ControlElbyCDIO from distribution
  • Removed ElbyCrypt.dll
  • Removed ElbyCheck.exe
  • Removed support of CloneCD 2.x keycodes
  • Removed “Send E-Mail about a Device” function
  • Removed Microsoft HTML-Help
  • Removed input window for old keycodes
  • Fix: CloneCD Tray no longer interferes with Windows XP Task Bar
  • Fix: Hanging context help
  • Important Fix: ElbyCDIO reworked, many bugs fixed
  • Important Fix: Fixed problems with VIA IDE Busmaster drivers

Originally posted by Womble
The website is now back up and is offering CloneCD from the downloads page here

EDIT - Download still isn’t working. Above link has been changed to this

CloneCD Revision History

CloneCD 4.3.1.6

• New: CloneCD found a new home at SlySoft
    [b]- New: Can now emulate SafeDisc 2.9 weak sectors!
  • New: Improved weak sector emulation![/b]
  • New: Shiny Look under Windows XP
  • New: “Hide CDR Media” no longer needs to be disabled while using CloneCD
  • New: added support for more CD-Writers
  • New: New Online Keys
  • New: Added RegCloneCD.exe for new keycodes
  • Removed “Virtual CloneDrive” from Distribution, will be a separate download (or you can just use Daemon Tools)
  • Removed ControlElbyCDIO from distribution
  • Removed ElbyCrypt.dll
  • Removed ElbyCheck.exe
  • Removed support of CloneCD 2.x keycodes
  • Removed “Send E-Mail about a Device” function
  • Removed Microsoft HTML-Help
  • Removed input window for old keycodes
  • Fix: CloneCD Tray no longer interferes with Windows XP Task Bar
  • Fix: Hanging context help
  • Important Fix: ElbyCDIO reworked, many bugs fixed
  • Important Fix: Fixed problems with VIA IDE Busmaster drivers

Does this mean CloneCD is going to emulate? Or is it just CloneCD can’t write “real” weak sectors, but my DVD-ROM can’t see the difference? I don’t hope they follow BlindWrite and the AutoPlay feature!

Better yet. Your burner probably can’t write the weak sectors correctly. You can emulate them and have a copy that your dvd-rom does not recognise as emulated weak sectors without even having an autoplay or whatever feature installed!

Originally posted by Jay Sea
Better yet. Your burner probably can’t write the weak sectors correctly. You can emulate them and have a copy that your dvd-rom does not recognise as emulated weak sectors without even having an autoplay or whatever feature installed!

I’m happy to hear CLoneCD is not going to follow BlindWrite. As far as i know, my LiteOn 52327S can write copies of Safedisc 2.9 (The preview of Alientech showed a table, based on a LiteOn 48-speed. That’s why I think my 52327S can also write copies)

I’m sorry Ernst Blauw. As you can see in my signature, I have got that drive and I tried all possible to make a working copy and the only two things are that BW with autoplay and CCD with emulating weaksectors is working for the lite-on drives.
Yes… in some cases the copy of a sd2.9 game will also work without using BW’s autoplay or using Alcohol, but most certainly not all titles.

my 40125s can copy sd 2.9

what program, what settings and what game?

I personally see no improvements except in that of anti-piracy and some shiny new buttons.

SD 2.9 sure, but Alcohol works for me :smiley:

my lite-ons cannot cut it with alcohol

I used my Asus with the Discdump/fireburner combination to make a copy of Generals Zero Hour without a problem. I believe that game uses SD 2.9 as well.
I’m a little disappointed with the new version. I may be mistaken but it appears that you have to reregister (and pay the $40) to use CCD 4.3.1.6. If that’s true, I’m not going to re-register until CCD can defeat SecureRom without also using twin peaks because as I said DD and FB defeats SD 2.9x just fine without any additional cost, and the old CCD works fine with everything else.
It’s nice to see an update, but it’s not what I was hoping for.

Have tried here my liteon 52327s retail from june 2003 with the list of devices of my signature.
the tests were sims superstar, devastation and postal 2 with both last versions of clonecd and alcohol 120%
All worked fine including a picky LG cd-rom 52x and a toshiba sdm1401 scsi.
The exception was a toshiba sd-r5002 dvd-recorder with a hacked fw that did not work
But the problem was not from the backup, it was from the own drive because other two sheep burners like my plex 8/20, plex premium and my LG dvd-writer dual failed too. with this I want to say:
In one hand, I accept a theory in this forum that there are liteon cdrw drives that works well and others not with safedisk 2.90+. May be I was lucky with this one. In other hand, securom 4.8x can not be copied perfectly with this liteon and my LG dvd-writer. The only choice, in my opinion is a plex premium to give 100% compatiblity of reading because twinpeak method never will give me a good backup to install/play in all my drives.
I do know that someone in this forum has a supposed drive that can make 1:1 backups of securom with twinpeaks method (without autoplay on BW or writing with clonecd)
Finally I can say that autoplay feature on BW it really works on all securom versions I tried, although securom 4.85 I have not still tried it. (like commandos 3 or Max payne 2).

Regards to all folks of forum :stuck_out_tongue:

• Try making a backup of generals zero hour.
  • Then make an image with alcohol or clonecd (using the backup and the other cd-burner).
  • You’ll see that a few sectors more than the original have bad sectors.

The patterns are 15fa and 3045.

These CANNOT be burned correctly in the Lite-On drives.

Maybe your reader cannot read weaksectors or it’s just a drive that isn’t so demanding, but normally you’ll get only headache using a Lite-On with the sd2.9.

ok man :wink:
I have that game too. I bought it last week; when I have the tests I will post it here

Cheers

All drives gave me the normal range of errors 800-102xx, excepting LG dual dvd-writer ( an extra error on sector 713 writing at 12x, at 4x not) and Toshiba dvd-writer (this one was normal); but the game ran correctly for about one hour and then I finalized it.

hmm. so selecting 4x solved the problem.
By the way have you read the disc you burned in the nero cd speed surface scan?

Mine gives a damaged sector in the second block.
What firmware do you use?

I have not tried nero cd speed yet
What results should get? the firmware of my liteon cdrw is QS0C now( I have updated it recently)

The second block is yellow in cd speed and the copy you made of generals was made with this firmware?