Clonecd 4.0.1.3 fixes problem

vbimport

with copying Tiger Woods 2002. Many of you may remember that I was having a problem copying TW2002 with CCD4.0.0.1 and a plex 40x or plex 24x burners. It was intimated that the problem was mine, while I had a sneaking suspicion that CCD4 was at fault. In fact, I was never able to find anyone who had copied it with a plex and CCD4. I even contacted Olli.

This weekend I downloaded the newest version of CCD4 (v.4.0.1.3) and placed the new profiles created by our friendly moderators in it. When I ran CCD4 with the new profile for SD2 with AWS, I got a "perfect" copy. I was happy, but not sure whether the profiles or the new CCD4 should get the credit.

Well, I tried the Game CD profile last night and got another "perfect" copy. It ran in the SD-M1612, which the previous ones would not do.

So....it was CCD4 all along. I am relieved that the problem wasn't me, after all. However, perhaps this will be a lesson to those who always question the failures of others without checking it out personally!

Although I like CCD4, it did indeed have a few things to work out and probably still does.

Incidentally, there is a post at CDRINfo which states that an e-mail from plex says that the problem with CCD4 was caused by CCD not by plex. The recent success of the plex with CCD4 seems to confirm some of this. The link is here, but you have to dig for plextor's reply : http://www.cdrinfo.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4763

I'll have some comments on some of the myths that people have started about CCD later.

Originally posted by runner1000000
[B]with copying Tiger Woods 2002. Many of you may remember that I was having a problem copying TW2002 with CCD4.0.0.1 and a plex 40x or plex 24x burners. It was intimated that the problem was mine, while I had a sneaking suspicion that CCD4 was at fault. In fact, I was never able to find anyone who had copied it with a plex and CCD4. I even contacted Olli.

I’ll have some comments on some of the myths that people have started about CCD later. [/B]
(1) Not true, the problem was yours and (2)…we’ll be very interested - post in the Experienced Users Forum.

I’ll bite! Why was the problem mine when the only change in the copying of the second disk was the version of CCD? If you keep everything the same and only change the version, then the non-working version must be the problem.

If you wish to move this post to the Experienced Users forum, feel free to do so.

hehe, thanks for biting :wink: As you may have read, even my Acer1610A can do 2.51.020 Tiger Woods Golf :stuck_out_tongue:

Interesting thread. Informative and funny, also.

I know that you are a"swell" guy with a great avatar, but I just don’t see how your ability to copy TW2002 with your Acer 1610A would have any bearing on my previous inability to copy TW2002 with a plex.

I tried TW2002 with CCD 4.0.0.1 - no go. I tried it with CCD 4.0.1.3 - bingo! I didn’t change anything - settings, disk brand, etc., except for upgrading to fw 1.02. I even used the same hand to insert the disk. It’s got to be the change in the software!

Incidentally, as previously noted, my plexs have always been able to cut MOHAA (SD2.51.021) without any trouble at all. Just the opposite to your Acer!?

Originally posted by runner1000000
… Just the opposite to your Acer!?
Yep. I was bitching about your Plex hehe :stuck_out_tongue:

Very funny! I fell for that one…hook, line and sinker!:smiley:

did you have AWS enabled on the burn with the old version ? future has actually discussed this in length in the experienced forum, but in the short form, there is no need for AWS w/a Plex to copy 2.51.020, and this can actually cause your end result to be a coaster. you DO need AWS to copy 2.51.021 with a Plex, though :slight_smile:

I tried every imaginable way to burn it and was able to make about 3 good copies out of about 30. Which reduces nonmathematically to pure, dumb luck. The method that got the 3 good copies in a row did not work after that night.

Sigh! It was very frustrating!

I think that FutureProof wrote that SD2.51.020 did need AWS with a plex. Others have said that it did not. I could be wrong. Whatever.

Future was just playing with me! He has such a great sense of humor and he knows that I put a lot of time and energy into trying to make what should have been an easy burn.

Anyway, the important thing is that it works now. Thank you Olli for your efforts. Thanks FutureProof, for your humor and your valuable input on other occasions.

Ckin, you have a good mind and I look forward to more of your posts.

I’m still having problems with the newest clone and plextor 24x.
This time I do not receive the *.tmp message error: Mohaa simply doesn’t load…

2.51.020 is practically the same as 2.40…its 2.51.021 that introduced the weak sectors that gave burners troubles, that have since been removed from teh protection, because too many legitimate cd’s would not function. thank goodness for that. you should find that 2.60 is as easy to copy as 2.40 :slight_smile:

Originally posted by lupicupi
I’m still having problems with the newest clone and plextor 24x.
This time I do not receive the *.tmp message error: Mohaa simply doesn’t load…

What are you using to read it? If it is a CDRW, maybe you need to enable Hide CDR Media?

Let us know

What are you using to read it? If it is a CDRW, maybe you need to enable Hide CDR Media?

I use Toshiba 1502.