CloneCD 4.0.1.3 available

vbimport

#1

At http://www.elby.ch

Revision History:

Version 4.0.1.3: May 23, 2002

CloneCD 4.0.1.3
Better setting of read speed for non-MMC-compliant drives
Improved Audio extraction speed with several drives
License Agreement is now able to accept empty lines from Locale Editor
Log Window is now faster and can hold more entries
Progress Window shows estimated remaining times greater than 2 hours as "Unknown"
AWS could accidently become enabled in Japan/USA
AWS state will be shown in Japan/USA (should always be off)
All default profiles tweaked for better performance

CCDDriver.dll 4.0.0.2
Support for new writers added
Allow RAW-DAO write simulation with newer Plextor drives
Allow RAW-SAO with newer ACER/BENQ and ACCESSTEC/OPTORITE drives

ElbyCDIO.dll 4.0.0.1
Open and Close Target is now Thread-Safe
Added API for SafeList handling


#2

… and an updated supported writers list…

Regards, sven


#3

Wow nice changes :smiley:
Super job again, thanks Oliver!


#4

Originally posted by Elby Tester
[B]… and an updated supported writers list…

Regards, sven [/B]

Whoops, right Sven! And people should be able to find their Lucky Goldstar, Brainwave, Nichimen, … writers again as well.


#5

Also posted at the mainpage:

http://www.cdfreaks.com/news2.php3?ID=4122


#6

And what is this?:
<quote>
LTR-48125W 2002 05 23 ATAPI/IDE - - RAW-DAO 96
</quote>


#7

Originally posted by alexnoe
And what is this?:
<quote>
LTR-48125W 2002 05 23 ATAPI/IDE - - RAW-DAO 96
</quote>

A CD-Writer?


#8

When did LiteOn release the 48125W? I only know 40125S and 40125W…


#9

Olli had probably to sign a NDA contract, so he is now allowed to give out any information about new drives (At least Plextor deals this way)


#10

Originally posted by alexnoe
And what is this?:
<quote>
LTR-48125W 2002 05 23 ATAPI/IDE - - RAW-DAO 96
</quote>

the latest LiteOn writer ! …works fine with CloneCD.

Regards, sven


#11

When is AWS going to be enabled in US or Japan?
Now it is even worse that AWS can’t be enabled? :frowning:


#12

Originally posted by softwareguy
When is AWS going to be enabled in US or Japan?
Now it is even worse that AWS can’t be enabled? :frowning:

Look here dude! Olli might get in whole buncha’ trouble if AWS was enabled in US (and Japan) by default. Use of AWS is sort of circumventing the copy protection, which is against the law. Call your senetor, if you want to change this, but it is not going to happen anytime soon, if ever.

I want Olli to stay out of jail so he can continue to work on CloneCD.

Nize work Olli.


#13

Have you ever tried this:

Write a program which enumerates all main windows, find the CloneCD-window, than enumerate all sub windows of clonecd (when a windows with aws checkbox is open), find this checkboxes for AWS, and then make CheckDlgButton to activate this check box although it is grayed out?
I pressed a disabled button in another programm in doing something similar …


#14

Originally posted by alexnoe
[B]Have you ever tried this:

Write a program which enumerates all main windows, find the CloneCD-window, than enumerate all sub windows of clonecd (when a windows with aws checkbox is open), find this checkboxes for AWS, and then make CheckDlgButton to activate this check box although it is grayed out?
I pressed a disabled button in another programm in doing something similar … [/B]

Forget it. CloneCD (4, at least) does not take the Window controls settings even into account when in Japan/USA.

If you need a workaround, look here: http://www.geocities.com/pcp-freak/4cdfreaks/unlocker.html


#15

In the US install …you should see a greyed out box unchecked for AWS in the write correct


#16

Sooo,

you DONT want to be legally responsible for users circumventing copy protections, but you are giving the users a way to hack your own software so they can illegally burn? Works for me! Great job Olli!

(p.s. why download the file when you can just change your regional settings to canada?)


#17

Originally posted by Bloodstar007

why download the file when you can just change your regional settings to canada?)

OK for US English Speakers, not so good for Japanese only speakers :wink:


#18

Originally posted by nealh
In the US install …you should see a greyed out box unchecked for AWS in the write correct

No. You won’t see a greyed box. You will see a message in the logbook.


#19

thanks Olli…I appreciate the info very helpful…