CloneCD 4.0.0.0 Beta 9 and my Plextor 2410A

vbimport

OK .. I have some VERRY good news for us Plextor users.

I will tell you of my testings first:

First off, i did a copy of STCC 2 SD2 v2.05.030 (is't a swedish racing game alot like TOCA2) it was one of the first SD2 games buy the way relesed on november 08 year 2000

so just made a normal copy from this game with no problems what so ever. Verry easy to use this new ClonCD, just select "game cd" and thats all.

Now off to the realy cool part. The SD2 v2.51.021

Serious Sam 2 was my testing game:

Just used the same so verry easy to use setting for this game to.
I think this is good to know to, looking in the log AWS was automaticly enabled for both games,
and the burn speed was set to max but in the log it was 8X.

But insted of a normal coster CCD4 gave me a good copy, YES!!! the Plextor now can do SD2 v2.51.021.

And one more thing thats realy greate, if some of you just think that the sectors where patched. I did a image of the copy and imported it to BetaBlocker, and all the orginal "weak sectors" where there. So AWS where never used? or is this the new secred part of ClonCD :slight_smile: :slight_smile: I can not beleve how good this CCD4 is.

Thank you sooo much Olli from all us Plextor users.

> And one more thing thats realy greate, if some of you just think that the sectors where patched. I did a image of the copy and imported it to BetaBlocker, and all the orginal “weak sectors” where there. So AWS where never used? or is this the new secred part of ClonCD I can not beleve how good this CCD4 is.

Thank you sooo much Olli from all us Plextor users. <

I was hoping you like it! And it is even better: Same works with a lot of writers, e.g.: YAMAHA, RICOH, ACER, PHILIPS, SANYO, …

I already tested this myself with BETA 4 and a TEAC writer. I was able to make a working copy from Serious Sam 2 but the back-up did not work in every drive. It failed in a Waitec and the TEAC itself. It’ll all be in our review of the drive soon (hopefully this weekend).

Originally posted by Greffel
[B]OK … I have some VERRY good news for us Plextor users.

Now off to the realy cool part. The SD2 v2.51.021

But insted of a normal coster CCD4 gave me a good copy, YES!!! the Plextor now can do SD2 v2.51.021.
[/B]

That’s great news! I’ve got a Plextor 40x and I finally last night was able to get a good copy of a game with SD2.51.021 (that would work not only in my Plextor but my other CD-ROM drives) using the just released version of BlindWrite 1.2.5. Since I paid for and registered CloneCD, I would rather use that program for my backups. I’ll be trying some more backups with the latest CCD tonight. This is good news indeed!! :slight_smile:

VERY VERY GOOD NEWS

Keep up the good work Ollie:)

i test my writer teac cdrw512EB with the clonecd 4b9
and my back-up work in my writer with hide cd media :slight_smile: but not work in my dvdrom toshiba sd 1502. :frowning:

That’s fantastic news, I’ve been waiting to hear that for 2 months now! Brillant.

try to make a copy of medal of honour. there are differences between safedisc protections. although both serious sam 2 and medal of honour are 2.51, serious sam is easier to copy, as it seems. now if somebody posts that medal of honour copies with plextor are perfect, that will be really good news.

Originally posted by WRFan
try to make a copy of medal of honour. there are differences between safedisc protections. although both serious sam 2 and medal of honour are 2.51, serious sam is easier to copy, as it seems. now if somebody posts that medal of honour copies with plextor are perfect, that will be really good news.

I tested MOHAA (but the german version) with good results.
It played fine from my Toshiba 1502, which is usually very picky on copied weak sectors.

hey, Olli, the clonecd tray is not started on winxp (clonecd 4). I click on the tray symbol, but it’s not started.

Originally posted by WRFan
hey, Olli, the clonecd tray is not started on winxp (clonecd 4). I click on the tray symbol, but it’s not started.

Have you rebooted after install? This should do the trick (I hope).

ah, ok, now it works. don’t know what went wrong, since first it didn’t work even after reboot. but now it works all of a sudden. anyway, thanx. and what about black&white? does it work in toshiba when copied/read with plextor burner?

I can´t copy C&C Renegade with CCD4 and Plex 12/10/32
with AWS on or even without look not so good for me - man
I was so happy about the new CCD4 now nothing come out at the end .

BTW any suggestions .

greetings hallo51

My copy of Medal of honor made with new clone and Plextor 241040 gives me the tipical *.tmp error message in my Toshiba 1502.

:frowning: Noooo!!! Ive tried to copy Medal of Honor with CCD4 and it also made a coaster…i can only use it in my cd writer i hope Olli repair this please…I have a YAMAHA 2200e firmware 1.0e… If anyone got a working copy reaply me to my email elbebeboricua@hotpop.com thank you byee:( :smiley: